
FINALLY!
I've lost 60 pounds (as of yesterday)!!! This was three months to the day that I lost 50 pounds, which means it took me three months to lose 10 pounds. Let's not dwell too much on that, shall we?
As of this morning, I'm actually 61 pounds down, which means I'm officially more than halfway to my goal weight. I know the second half is a lot harder than the first, so I'm gearing up for a war against fat. I will win, because the Force is with me.
I'm pretty happy about all of this, and I know the fill really got things kick-started.
Our houseguests cooked dinner for us the other night, and I was all in a tizzy about what I should do because they were making pasta with truffle butter and crusty bread. Not super band friendly, and I didn't want to 'fess up because I've only known them for a few days. Oh, and I was supposed to be on liquids because I had a fill on Thursday.
Once again, the blog babes helped in a big way. While I loved Jennifer's suggestion that I have a stomach bug (complemented with the phrase "ass faucet") and Barbara's about taking an "emergency" phone call, I knew I couldn't pull off either of those. I'm a bad liar.
A couple of you mentioned that your docs don't require liquids after a fill, which made me feel better about having a few bites of the pasta. So I ate the cheese they served as an appetizer, a glass of red wine, some avocado from the salad and a few teeeny bites of the pasta. When I asked the Hubs for the avocado he wasn't eating, he said, "I'll trade you for some pasta," and took most of mine, thus saving me from sitting there with a full plate. Love that guy.
Yay - no ass faucet needed.
ReplyDeleteYour hubby is a keeper. Glad it went well. Congrats on the great weight loss. I'm not sure if it's just that I'm struggling to get that initial restriction or I'm just a slow loser, but ultimately as long as the scale keeps going down, I'll try to be patient. Congrats!
ReplyDeleteSIXTY!!!!!!!! Sweet sweet victory!!!
ReplyDelete60!!! You go lady. So happy for you!! Ten pounds is ten pounds regardless of how long it takes us to get there. So excited for you Kristin! With all of your vacations/traveling, that is something to be really proud of! You've proven what we all know, that you can still live life, enjoy food and lose weight! Missed you today. Can't wait to see you soon! xoxo
ReplyDeleteWhoo hoo 60!!!! And I'm glad the dinner went well :)
ReplyDeleteCongrats!! Being half way done feels great doesnt' it! I am glad dinner went well. I woudln't have been able to pull off either of those suggestions either and your plan sounds like it went great.
ReplyDeleteHalfway? Kick ass!
ReplyDeleteYeah for surviving the dinner party - and no faking an ass faucet. You know, sometimes karma comes back to get you, and that could have been bad... ;)
Yay for 60! Congrats Kristin!!!!
ReplyDeleteYay for the 60 lb loss that is awesome!! Glad you didn't have to use my crass excuse...it still makes me laugh. But very glad the dinner worked out well. You are doing great with your weight loss, I am so with you on the slow loss. But it is a forever loss.
ReplyDelete60 what a sweet number for WL .. The important thing here is that those 60 are truly behind you.. never to be seen again.. congratulations on a wonderful accomplishment.. Bring on the next ten (baby steps) :)
ReplyDelete60 already?? You're doing great!! It's great to see that ticker at more than half way.
ReplyDeleteWay to go on the weight loss, Kristin! That is wonderful, you should be very proud of yourself. :-) And to be halfway there is also remarkable. We are proud of you too.
ReplyDeleteGlad it worked out at your supper the other evening. Whew!
Yay for 60 doll...I'm so happy for you.
ReplyDeletecongrats!! yay for down 60!
ReplyDeleteCongrats on losing 60! (and having a winning hubby)
ReplyDeleteCongrats! Glad the dinner party went well.
ReplyDeleteYeah!!!! Congrats on the 60 down and over the half way mark :P
ReplyDeleteGlad dinner went :)
WooHoo!!!
ReplyDeletecongrats on the 60lbs!!! yay! I'm sure then next half will not be all that bad! just keep focused!
ReplyDeleteHey Kristin... I just nominated you for an award.. visit me and you will see what you need to do (I know, Iknow.. these can be a pain in the ass.. but I am going on vacation so I dont mind being a pain in the ass!!
ReplyDeleteCongrats on 60 lbs down!
ReplyDelete