Friday, June 11, 2010

The Scale Is Not My Friend

Last night's cocktail party went well, we had about 60 people - all new families to my kids' nursery school for next year, plus some board members and the school director. I swear, it felt like every mom in this town is an Amazon woman. And they wear really high heels. I was easily the shortest and outweighed every other woman in the joint by 60 pounds, minimum.

However, I didn't spend much time worrying about it. Everyone was friendly and mixed well; I think they were pretty happy to meet other parents. Wine never hurts either.

My mom was here, and that woman worked like crazy. So many people came up to me to say, "Wow, your mom is amazing." She totally is, I owe her a massage or something. At least a mani/pedi.

The scale is completely betraying me these days. I've been busy gardening and cleaning for the party all week and haven't had time to eat much so I don't know exactly what's going on. I'll keep drinking water and hope the scale starts sliding the right way soon.

I've been reading your blogs but for the most part haven't had a chance to comment. Doesn't mean I'm not keeping up with you, though. Have a great weekend, ladies. xoxo

10 comments:

  1. Kristin, so happy your affair went well (gotta love mom). I am willing to bet that out of all those women, you have the biggest heart, and sweetest personality.. so don't even give this a second thought.. As far as that scale.. geez you know my challenges.. (reflecting, I think I take in too much sodium and you know that holds on to water.. and I have to say.. I do tend to eat too many carbs (even now.. I think I can lighten up on carbs).. When I bumped up the water (to flush the sodium) and cut back my carbs.. that scale (and the help of my fill) has nudged the scale downward.. But don;t fret.. If you read BG's SOB story, she too had 3 and 4 week plateau's during her 100 lb loss journey.. I think that is just the way it goes...Remember .. slow and steady losses are the best!... hugs to you and have a great weekend.. my oldest graduates with her MBA tomorrow and I am gonna be one proud momma!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad your party went well...I am sure the scale will balance out in the best way soon. Seems the worse I eat the better results I get!!!! Take care xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad that it was a success! I know what you mean about women and high heels...the highest I go is 2", I've always felt like my ankles would burst if I went any higher...
    The scale is frustrating...I have started to squeeze half a lemon into every glass of water I drink, Jackie Warner talks about that in her new weight loss book.. I hope it works :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you had a great time and theparty went well!!! Maybe its delayed weight loss with teh scale or it coule be that you are not eatign enough!!! dont worry it will catch up!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So happy the party was a success! I knew it would be with you having it!! now, for some pictures??? My scale is a cranky bitch lately too.. lots of working out, watching what I eat, and a big fat nothing in return!!! It'll all start moving soon, right?? Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. As an Amazon, I'm offended. Glad your shindig went well, though!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Get your ass in the pool, chiquita! Glad you didn't get drunk and throw yourself at the school director!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad it went well! Its nice to have mom to help out!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome that your party was a smash.
    Sorry for the scale woes but as you know, I feel your pain.
    Together we will prevail.

    ReplyDelete
  10. We are not only band sisters, but emotionally 'twinned' too.. .the scale doesn't seem to be my friend either these days.
    But here is what Dr. Ren has said, and my internist and everyone around: slow and steady will win the race AND check out your clothes and your measurements. You may be losing and it might not be showing up YET on the scale.
    You WILL continue to succeed b/c the band works.
    Trust the process-- in a month from now, things will look different!! You are doing great, hang in there.

    ReplyDelete