The fact that I gained weight the first week of the challenge, I mean. I'd hate to go along with the crowd and lose a shitton of weight in a single week, so I ate like a heifer and here I am, two point five pounds heavier than last Sunday. You're welcome.
Actually, this morning the scale read 218, so I managed to shed half a pound overnight. Yee-haw. I got a new scale last week and its readings are very close to current (old) scale. But I'm keeping old scale at least through the end of this challenge so I'm consistent from week to week, and I'm using the old scale for my official Sunday weigh-in reports to Kristen.
We were away for the weekend, back to Delaware and Pennsylvania (it never seems to be anywhere glamorous like Southampton or Nantucket) for my aunt's 70th birthday party. Middle son got a stomach virus on Friday night so I left him home with the Hubs and took older son and baby. Baby threw up all over her pretty party dress 10 minutes before we arrived and then was miserable from, I assume, the same stomach bug that felled her brother. Oy.
So I ate party food on Thursday and Saturday, and then snacked on Jordan candied almonds on the lonnnggg drive home yesterday. Not great.
Today I am back to my "normal" routine, which I hope will translate to a downward trend on the scale. Also planning to spend more time commenting on blogs. The typing keeps my fingers busy, so I can't snack. ;)
On to the Sushi Question: When you eat it, do you cut it up? I can't imagine taking the whole thing in one bite with a band. Walk me through this, please...
Sorry about the gain, I know how frustrating that can be. I am glad to hear that today you jumped right back into the normal routine!I am sure you will go right back down.
ReplyDeleteSushi - if you eat the rolls I would say take a bite. Now this can be messy, I mean I have yet to learn how to do this and still look classy ;)
This is one of the reasons I have been eating sashimi, which is just the fish pieces. I also have been doing this so that I can focus on the protein and eat less rice. But I do love my rolls!
I've been eating sushi but in two bites. I dip it in soy and then chew. So far so good. I haven't been stuck and I have some restriction. I eat the rolls and the raw fish slices on top of the balls of rice-they sometimes take 3 bites to eat. You might have to ask for a knife and fork to cut them up as it is hard with chopsticks.
ReplyDeleteyeah I didn't lose for the competition this week...frustrating!! If I can I cut it, if not I put it in my mouth and chew for like 10 min lol
ReplyDeleteOh me too! I gained 0.2 pounds. Not my best effort that's for damn sure! ;)
ReplyDeleteI had sushi today! I threw the whole thing in my mouth. All 17 of them. Ha just kidding...I think I had 3 or 4, but they went down easy. That being said, I think we all know I have very little restriction and I can swallow everything. So I guess I'm not really much help in this question, am I? Tra la la...
ReplyDeleteit was probably the altitude change or barometric change from delaware to CT, the nutmeg state likes to add a little extra pressure to one person a week, so i guess because you were gone for the weekend it figured you needed it!
ReplyDeletedoes that sound good? lol
I cut my sushi on the rare occasions when I eat it. It's better in terms of decorum, but worse in terms of getting a whole flavorful bite. The Japanese pick it up with chopsticks and take a bite out of it. I think it depends on what you're comfortable with.
ReplyDeleteChristine
www.phoenixrevolution.net
I think I saw that Independant shining spirit in you as you drove in boring PA (HAHA)... hang in there you will rock that scale this week.
ReplyDeleteI'm in Gilly's boat...I have no restriction so sushi is still not a problem. I have always found the whole thing too big for one bite so I always bite them in half...did pre-band and still do.
ReplyDeleteI'm very curious to see if once I have restriction if sushi will be off limits. I hope not...it's my favorite category of food.
lol, I would say thank you about the gain, but I only lost like 1 pound so I am waaaay behind everyone else. CHEATERS! :P
ReplyDeleteNo loss here and Sushi scare the life out of me...tried it with the rice on the outside and the nori on the insdie...much moister but only got 1 regular bite in (4 bandster bites) and that was it.. Hope your kids are better soon
ReplyDelete