This'll be a quickie because the microwave is chirping to let me know that my artichoke is cooked.
I'm noticing that I can eat a little more, although still not much. The good news is, I don't feel very hungry. The weight loss is slow but it's happening, and there's not much bounce. Yay for that - less mental torture.
Today was the Mother's Day Tea in the 4-year-old class at nursery school. Cutest thing ever - it's one of those rare moments of pure parenthood joy. The kids are singing songs about how much they love their moms, so proud to show us around their classroom and serve us cookies.
The teachers had photos of all the kids throughout the year, and there were several from when I read to the class in the fall.
Holy shit. I. Was. HUGE. I'll have to scan and post later. But really -- H U G E.
Word has apparently gotten around the school about my surgery (I haven't really tried to keep it a secret), because the teachers keep whispering about how great I look and then shooting me a meaningful look and saying, "And how are you feeling?"
That is when you tell them "I am feeling fantastic, how are you feeling?" with the knowing nod like you know something you don't...they will stop..
ReplyDeleteWow - just noticed your new profile pic - you look amazing :-)
ReplyDeleteFunny how we need to see pictures to really see how far we have come. Cute about the tea and kiddies.
ReplyDeleteI mentioned that in a post a few months ago, I get that all the time HOW ARE YOU FEELING..it sort of drives me nuts I am like look at me I am feeling GREAT lol
ReplyDeleteyeah it drives me crazy when people ask that....it's almost like they want to hear that i feel sick or something. at the beginning i didn't realize so i'd say how i was feeling at that exact moment, but now, i say "i'm feeling fantastic!" but then i get "really?" grrr
ReplyDeletelol
I had my last Muffins for Mom today because my daughter is moving from elementary school to middle school where they don't do anything fun any more. :(
ReplyDeleteYou and your artichokes girl!
ReplyDeletelol! I get those looks too.
ReplyDelete