Friday, May 7, 2010

AP News Alert*

I did not have an artichoke for dinner tonight. (We didn't have any.)

I haven't lost any weight in the last week or so, which probably means it's time to revamp my dinner menu. I had the snackies all day today, and I can't blame it on hormones.

*AP News Alert was the highest, most important category of news coming over the Associated Press wire. As in, "AP NEWS ALERT - SHOTS FIRED AT KENNEDY IN DALLAS."

PS Apparently we need a new boiler. Our current gas-fired Burnham has a crack in the block, and the generous folk at Burnham are offering us a $550 credit toward a new one. Does anyone know about this stuff? Should we do Burnham again, or go with another brand altogether? This is a totally random question, but it's a big ticket item (we got estimates for ~$19,000) and I don't know jack about this stuff so figured it can't hurt to ask.

7 comments:

  1. damn about the burner (but I really don't know jack sh&t about that stuff Kristin.

    I am dreading getting on a scale.. the vaca, has really knocked me way off course for eating. Although I have tucked away some conventional foods, healthy eating just ain't happening. So I can relate with the snacky part. I mean I have had more than one handful of swedish fish (what's up with that crap food).

    I wish I could help you more with the burner thingy, but maybe google it and see if you can get some expert opinions.. be well

    ReplyDelete
  2. I havnt lost weight this week either I was rather sad...hang in there I am sure it will come xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. You haven't lost any weight cuz your body is sick of artichokes....hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG, do you guys live in a palace. We had our gas furnace replaced last year-high efficiancy-for under $5000 (2000 sq foot house). It isn't the boiler type but if you have Natural gas already coming into the house maybe get another quote on a furnace and not a boiler. But then I guess your house must be water heated and doesn't have the ductwork needed for a furnace-get a couple of quotes anyway. Woo-you can get a second lapband for that amount of money.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha! You are funny!! We had the artichokes this week and yum yum!!! I know NOTHING about boilers/burners/furnaces... hope it doesn't really come out to costing you that much!! have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm reporting you to the Artichoke Council of America.
    Better luck next week with the scale.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bummer about boiler. Sorry, don't know jack about it.

    ReplyDelete