Sunday, May 9, 2010

Forty-Five Pounds!


The good news: I hit 45 pounds down today. Yayyyyy! Sweeeeet.

The bad news: It took me a week to lose half a pound.

I don't need another fill. I think I'm in a good place with restriction. But I guess it's time to shake up the "choices" section of my diet. I haven't been awful, but things could be better. I'll be more mindful of that this week.

(Just looked over at what I've had post-dinner. A glass of wine (~100 cal?), a pack of M&Ms (240) and a 100-calorie snack pack. Almost 500 calories, after dinner. So yeah, there's room for improvement.)

The evening eating is a problem, clearly. Want to hear something weird? I sometimes go for hours without thinking of food during the day. This is a new and very welcome development.

I had a great Mother's Day. The boys greeted me bedside wearing aprons, notepads in hand to take my breakfast order. They dutifully brought up a protein shake and orange juice (threw that in after they gave me guff for just ordering the shake). It was all kinds of sweet.

I spoke with my mom, who is recuperating from her face lift. She seems to be holding up, although my dad keeps whispering that she looks like Frankenstein. Lotta stitches with a face lift, apparently.

I hope you all had a great weekend. Smooches!

15 comments:

  1. YAY for 45.. great job.. Seems like a few of our mom bandsters are celebrating (and you should).. can't lose sight on what you have achieved.. So cute about your boys.. such a precious age. as far as the pm snacking, you might want to make a deal with yourself that you will eat a piece of cheese with your wine or purdue has pre cooked chicken strips.witha cracker... if you eat something that is a heavier protein first before the snack, it may take the edge off of the real snacky snacks.
    I used to love those stacy pita chips, but forget it.. they get stuck and it is just not worth it to me..

    So hand in there Kristin, you are doing fine. Let your self enjoy this weekend.. monday is another day..

    ReplyDelete
  2. 45 lbs is kickasssssss!! Way to go!
    I hear you on the evening snacking... I'm very much guilty of it as well. Sounds like your day started out very sweetly! Hope you had a fabulous mothers day!
    Oh and I am in NYC the 20 - 23rd.. Sad that we won't meet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay!! You are doing amazingly well! And that you can choke down a protein shake every morning...you are a superhero! I just can't do it, man. I can't eat in the morning...I usually have a coffee. Then lunch...then dinner...and then I am the same as you...much more apt to eat at night. I REALLY try to control that. I hope it will get easier as I get more restriction. Today was bad. Mother's Day dinner...ribs...YUM! Oh well...tomorrow will be better!

    We are so close in our surgery dates and weight loss so far...you inspire me a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way to go, Kristin! You are rocking with 45 down! I loved your post from the other day where you talked about being able to have wine, cheese, olives and chocolate. I agree--little pleasures that make life a little more wonderful.

    I also like and agree with your list at the top of your blog of all the things that you want to be able to do with the band. Well, I'm not married, so can't make my husband feel like he got a trophy wife. But it would be awesome to KNOW that I COULD, given the opportunity.

    Thanks for the positive words on my blog....hanging in there! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic news on the 45 pounds lost. And sounds like you had a lovely day. That's what its all about xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. 45lbs!! Wooo!!

    ps- love your little profile pic..you look beautiful! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  7. 45 lbs down ROCKS! Don't beat yourself up about the evening eating - it'll come around. I promise!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is awesome Kristin! And a half pound is not bad at all! As long as you are losing.

    Post-dinner snacking is not really my problem anymore, which is amazing. But then again I can eat almost anything in the morning, and throughout the day! More fill please....

    Happy Mother's Day a little late. Once you have 3 kids, 4 is no more difficult...but having 5 years between the last 2 is the key!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats Kristin!!!

    the only thing I have post dinner is I split a skinny cow mint ice cream sandwich with my hubby and it feels like a treat!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations on the 45 lbs!
    The story about your boys is so precious. Little aprons and notepads. Too cute!
    Thanks for sharing your tips on my blog...I'm going to try the BB soup. I was eating that before I ran out of groceries. My grocery store sells dry BB soup that you mix with hot water...it's pre-blended, 200 cals and keeps me full.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow 45 lbs girlie! Awesome... I really hope that my fill is going to take me to the next level myself.
    This am 181.4. Goddamn 180's. Bleh.

    But my band sista is rocking it!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. 45 pounds is amazing.
    I can't wait for my first fill which is still 4 weeks away.
    Again...congratulations toots.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well slap my ass and call me happy! Woop on the 45! Keep it up sweet thang!

    ReplyDelete
  14. How is it that I didn't comment on your awesome loss? I'm no good. Mega-congrats! 45 pounds!!!

    ReplyDelete