Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Picture Post! And Happy Cinco de Mayo!

Yesterday was four months since I got my band. I've lost 31.5 pounds since surgery, and 44.5 pounds total (including pre-op losses).

I've said it before and I'll say it again: I'd love to have lost more by now. But the fact that I've lost this much while still drinking wine and eating cheese, chocolate and olives is really why I got the band. I'm not dieting; I'm living and losing weight along the way.

I am thrilled I got this thing.

I'm at a good restriction now, after being too tight for three or four weeks. I haven't needed my papaya enzymes in at least a week because things aren't getting stuck. I am being really, really careful about what I eat but I really haven't been very hungry either. HOW AWESOME IS THAT?

I snapped a few photos last night when I got home from Cub Scouts. Excuse the bad lighting.


Thanks to Amy W for the hand-on-hip posing tip. FINALLY, I look like a supermodel.



Also, Happy Cinco de Mayo! This used to be one of my favorite holidays. What's not to like about guacamole and margaritas? But the kids don't tolerate tequila well, so my hard-celebrating Cinco de Mayo days are over.

Today is also my sister's third wedding anniversary. I worked my ass off to get in shape for her wedding. I knew hers was the last sibling wedding and the pictures would be around forever, so I worked with a trainer five days a week from January to May. (And then promptly gained back all the weight I had lost, plus got pregnant and added some more.) HAPPY ANNIVERSARY, K&J!

21 comments:

  1. YOU LOOK AWESOME.. and I couldn't agree with you more about your approach.. I am not denying myself, I just do not over indulge.. I am the tortise in this race.. I will get there when I get there.
    Question for you Kristin.. you mention you were tight for 3-4 weeks.. do you find it to be losening up or are you just being more careful??

    I had pretty good restriction, but do feel like I have a bit more play room with my restriction.. I have a fill scheduled on my return, and while I don't want to mistate my level of restriction, I also would rather not have this much play room with eating..
    Love to hear your thoughts..

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look great in all the pictures!! that color is your color!!! Yay for some restriction! I think I'm pretty close too...have a fill tomorrow and may not get as much!
    Happy Cinco De Mayo! I used to be a big fan as well of the holiday!! notsomuchanymore!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are doing great! I know things would go much faster for me if I gave up wine, but it's
    not going to happen. You give me hope for success too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm all about slow and steady winning the race, hence why i've been hanging out at 200 for about a month plus now! (lol) You look wonderful - great job - and love the comment about the kids and tequila... mine don't tolerate it well either (JK)!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're doing great, you also look fantastic. Glad that you are managing to eat olives, i'm addicted and worried that I might not be able to eat them after my first fill!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yep. I totally approve. I looked at your picture and said...wait...is that me!?

    You look wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are doing great! 30+ pounds is nothing to sneeze at. I'm so proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. First of all, you look freakin' adorable! Second of all, that colour is magic on you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amen sister! You said it about losing and living at the same time!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Tequila went the way of my 20's. It is a younger woman's beverage, INHO. You look lovely, Kristen, and you are doing FANTASTIC!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oops should have been IMHO! I thought it looked wrong!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Dang Girl, you look great! 44 pounds in 4 months IS COMPLETELY AWESOME!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You look amazing - and this time it's staying off forever :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. awesome job and great pics!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You look amazing and I think I too will enlist the "not on a diet" approach.
    Keep up the good work sweetie.

    ReplyDelete
  16. For freak's sake - you're so cute I'd hate you if I didn't love you so much. Whatever.

    Congrats you twirp. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow - look at you!! You're looking super great. Pretty colour on you too. Doing SO great, girl.. we're all proud of you!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. You are doing so well!!! Congrats!

    Love that pink color on you, btw.

    ReplyDelete
  19. That's a great colour on you. You look lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Looking good in all pics!!! Thx for all of your support. xo V

    ReplyDelete