Sunday, May 16, 2010

Rough Band Day

The birthday celebration was awesome, although the birthday girl was pretty clueless about what was going on. She enjoyed her taste of chocolate frosting, and her brothers had the time of their lives "helping" her open her gifts.

I haven't had any PB or even much in the way of stuck problems since April 25. Well, I broke my streak today and it was awful. I was giving the baby some turkey lunch meat, and I had a few bites. Guess I didn't chew well or took too many bites too fast, and after about 30 minutes of sliming and pain it came up - heaving and gagging and all kinds of misery.

My throat has been sore and irritated for the rest of the day, so I had some blended black bean soup, water and a little very moist salmon tonight with a glass of wine.

Here's hoping tomorrow is a better day.

8 comments:

  1. Sorry for the rough band day. It's so easy when you're feeding kids to take bites without thinking.
    1st birthdays are so fun!I love the frosting all over...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum Choc frosting.. glad the celebration went well.. but sorry for the stuck event.. the sliming is the worst.. and there is no elegant way to hide this.. I used to go into the bathroom and turn the water on and pretend I was doing something else.. but my DH has caught on..
    You definitely need to take it easy now.. and black bean soup is one of my fav's.. hope tomorrow is a better day for you.. hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad it was a good birthday party. Hope tomorrow is a better band day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ugh that blows.... Glad the party was a success though! Take it easy for the next day or so!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh booo on the PB :( I hope you're feeling better this a.m!! .. Glad your 'baby' liked her chocolate frosting ..that really is the best part of cake.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Turkey deli meat got me last week, so I am staying away from it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Could it be that we were PB-ing at the same time across the country? Cosmic. Sorry you are hurting my friend, I literally feel your pain.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad it went well and take care. I pbed so muchon Sunday that I had a sore throat too.....eeek

    ReplyDelete