I was the ideal teenager. I was responsible, never drank, never caused problems for my parents. Never rebelled. To this day, I've never tried recreational drugs.
But by God, this band has me in the throes of a teenage rebellion the likes of which have not been seen around here in a long time. Today was... a free for all. I won't begin to tell you what I've eaten, except to say I had a pretty bad stuck episode, then a few hours later my first real PB (other one was on a large pill I swallowed).
This PB was from eating pretzels too quickly, and oh my gosh did it leave me with a terrible sore throat and general inflammation. I sipped tea this evening to rid myself of it.
I don't know what's going on here, but I'm reining it in. I'm trying to take all the lessons I gather from your blogs to heart and apply them in my own life.
1. No candy. NONE, until the weight-loss is completed and I weigh 145 pounds.
2. Nothing to eat after 8 pm. This is my vulnerable time, so I'm cutting myself off.
QUESTION OF THE DAY: In my previous post I asked people to define what "sweet spot" means to them. A few other readers said they were interested to read what everyone says, so if you have time please comment and let us know how you know you're at your sweet spot.
Sounds like a rough night... I'm sorry. But try not to be TOO hard on yourself-- part of rebellion comes from over strict limits.
ReplyDeleteI know this might be hard, but try to 'relax' into the band a little bit. Follow your instincts about when you're hungry and feed your body real food... no diet stuff. Remember: protein first, then complex carbs, then veggies.
You can have a little candy-- it is OK-- the no eating after 8pm may be a good idea, but I've tried it and it never works for me.
I am so new to this too-- and may not be in a position to advise you. I am where you are... but I am not talking to myself the way you are and I wouldn't talk to YOU the way you're you're talking to yourself.
Ease up and be kind- you are doing FINE and this is a journey of learning. One day of un-ideal eating won't make it or break it. Each meal is a new opportunity to try to do differently or better if you wish to do so... hope this helps.
hang in there, you're doing GREAT!!!
Agh the sweet spot...I think I am there but as you know "my" sweet spot is the fact that I am not hungry ever. I dont eat until 1pm in the day and basically eat meals for fuel. 2 major problems for me is the telling of when I am full, and it is kind of like almost getting stuck. I feel something and then I know do not eat any more. I dont get this every time I eat but when I do get it I know dont eat anymore. Another problem is the snacking, I HATE the fact that give me some protein I eat and then I am done. Give me some chips, chocolate any snack food and unlimited amounts can go through the band. I will not get a fill because I think anymore and I will be too tight, I have to adjust my snacking and a fill wont help that
ReplyDeleteSorry Kristin. I know the feeling. I know you want to set clear limits, but be careful about depriving yourself too much - it can set you up for a binge. I think it is sometimes better (and even harder) to challenge yourself to be reasonable about eating whatever you want (within limits).
ReplyDeleteIt is normal to test the band, I think. You will get this worked out!
That sweet spot can be tricky to put in a single definition for everyone since it can vary from person to person. For me, it is listening to what my doctor had told me, where I can tolerate about 1/2 cup of food and not be hungry for about 4-5 hours afterwards (or drink a protein shake after 3 or so hours to ward off "head" hunger). Being at MY sweet spot, means that I can't eat breads or pasta and if I can start to incorporate those back in, I know it's time to head back in for a little tune up. I've had 8 fills (my DR is pretty conservative with them) and I just finally reached a good level of restriction.
ReplyDeleteHang in there! You can do it!
ReplyDeleteHang in there. It's just a crappy stage - you'll get through it. If not, we're grounding you with no ipod or cell phone for a week! :)
ReplyDeleteDon't be too hard on yourself and don't deprive yourself either...we all have times when we eat the wrong stuff...is it TOM????
ReplyDelete