Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Losing Something

The Hubs left at sunrise to catch a flight, so I woke up, showered, dressed, had some tea, made school lunches, got the boys breakfast, got the baby up and dressed and fed, brushed everyone's teeth, and packed money for the first-grade field trip. Then I looked at the clock, ohmigosh it's already 25 after and the oldest needs to be at school by 8.45 am, so I found shoes and gloves and coats, buckled everyone into their seats and peeled out of the driveway. We pulled up in front of school in the nick of time.

That's when I realized it was, in fact, 7.45 am. And we were an hour early.

I may not be losing weight but my mind is long gone.

In band-related news, I definitely have restriction. Weight is stable for the last few days but TOM is any second now and my fingers look like sausages. I made an egg-white omelet with cherry tomatoes, spinach and some feta cheese for breakfast and was able to eat about 2/3 of it. Here's hoping I start seeing the scale move down, down, down.

The only thing is, I wouldn't say I'm not looking for food at all, as I've heard some of you say. I don't necessarily feel like I need to have more restriction, but I don't find that food has left my mind and become a nonissue. Maybe that happens over time? Or maybe my food addiction is so severe it'll never happen? I don't know.

9 comments:

  1. I think your mind goes when you have kids!! ha I can picture myself doing the exact same thing.
    I actually have the opposite of you. I never really look for food but I never really get the full feeling or the "soft stop" that they talk about, runny nose, sneezing etc. My problem is when I start I dont want to stop

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too funny. Wish I could figure out an hour to spare in the morning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It will happen! For me, not caring about food is the biggest benefit of the band, much more than the actual restriction/can't eat alot thing. You will get there. It is still early in your fill process.

    LOL on getting there early!

    ReplyDelete
  4. lol Did that once or twice myself - and it was by the hour too.. how weird is that feeling (don't you feel kooky?)
    Hey, great though you have restriction. Must be a great feeling to get it at last. Heres hoping for a lovely drop this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Kristin, your posts always make me smile.. better to be early than miss the boat.. I will take you with me on my next cruise!!
    It's very good that you have some restriction, more will come and just like me the light will go off and you become a believer!! hang in there

    ReplyDelete
  6. what's the excuse if you don't have kids?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Poor you...did you hang around or go home??? I don't think about food in the same way but I do find i think about what I am going to eat all the time in terms of getting enough vegies, fruit and protein in....so I am not obsessed but conscious if thatmakes sense. I am enjoying cooking alot more though

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bless your heart, I hate it when I do that! Congrats on the restriction, and the whole "I don't think about food" thing is still a process for me so I totally get it if you aren't there yet. You are just getting started and doing amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks everyone. It was a classic "D'oh!" moment. I still can't believe I did it.

    GB, I had plenty of time to drive my son to his bus stop, he was perfectly happy to get away from his insane mother and hang with his friends on the bus. We had some extra time before preschool dropoff, so we stopped at the ATM and filled the car with gas, lol.

    ReplyDelete