Monday, January 11, 2010

I Ate All Day

OK, so it wasn't totally crazy - no more than 1000 calories. But still, that's a lot for someone who's only a week out from surgery, isn't it?

Today I just felt like I wanted to eat a lot. Some of it was hunger, some of it was... wanting to eat. Everything I had was allowed on my diet, but I had a lot more of it than I've had post-surgery thus far. I really hope it was just a blip and not a sign of bandster hell already. It's wayyyy too soon for that.

I downloaded the Lose It! app to my iphone and started logging everything I put into my mouth. I always wish later that I could remember what I ate on an average day when my weight was in a healthy range. I'm hoping this will give me a reference tool to look back to when I hit plateaus or wonder if I'm off course.

I also went to the hospital support group this evening. I was the youngest person by about 10 years, but everyone was so nice, full of tips and reassurances.

Good night, everyone! Dream thin thoughts...

4 comments:

  1. Hi Kristin, I'm sorry that I wasn't able to be there for you when you had your Surgery. My FIL died last week & I just have been struggling to get caught up. I am just now starting to read everyone's blogs again. I am glad that you are doing so well after your Surgery.

    I can say that I started eating pretty much what I wanted within 2 days of my Surgery! I am in Bandster hell right now while I am waiting for some real restriction!! Hopefully you won't go through it as bad as some of us. I can eat just about anything I want at the moment except for some Steak cuts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Kristin,
    BH is not fun, but try to follow this one golden rule.. get all of your protein in first with food choices.. Protein will fill you up and hold you over longer than other grazing foods.. Something that I have learned (the hard way).. be well

    ReplyDelete
  3. Debi, I hope your BH passes quickly. Hang in there, and I'm sorry for your family's loss.

    Barbara, excellent suggestion. Yesterday was the first day I didn't have any protein shakes. Probably not a coincidence. I'll bust out the immersion blender in five, four, three... ;) Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kristin - I downloaded that app after my surgery and found it HUGELY helpful to my success. Just track everything so you can keep an eye on it and you'll do great.

    ReplyDelete