Monday, January 11, 2010

Full Liquids


I'm (officially) on FULL liquids. Crazy how that opens up all kinds of menu options when you've been mostly on clear liquids. I had some Cream of Wheat this morning with my tea. I was able to eat about 1/8 of a serving, thinned out a lot with extra milk. But it was really good.

Last night I adapted an idea from LBT and blended lowfat cottage cheese (allowed on full liquids) into a V8 roasted red pepper soup and then thinned it out a bit with some chicken stock. Result: DELICIOUS, creamy, protein-filled soup. Highly recommend it.

This morning I was awakened at 6.10 am by DS2, who in his four and a half years has virtually never wavered on his wakeup time. The kid has an unbelievable body clock, and almost always wakes up between 5.30 and 6 am, no matter when he goes to bed. As soon as he could identify numbers, we put a clock in his room and told him he couldn't come get us until SIX-OH-OH. He was a tad late this morning because he had to get dressed first.

So I've already gotten through my mug of tea and a few bites of Cream of Wheat.

Have a skinny day everyone, and good luck to Vanessa for her first day back at work!

3 comments:

  1. Isn't it the best thing ever starting on those mushies!! Sounds like everything is under control and you're enjoying it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too funny-- we posted "6-0-0" to for my DS! But now he is turning into more of a later sleeping like his daddy (I am all kinds of a morning person...) Thanks for the shout out, return to work was a bit of a rough landing for part of the day, but I am doing better now at 2:40pm. Cannot wait to go home though...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember starting mushies. Cream of Wheat was so good and runny mashed potatoes. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete