Monday, April 11, 2011

Monday, Monday

Where did the week go? I don't know about you, but I did NOT spend my week at the gym. No, I spent my week doing regular everyday stuff and trying to keep a lid on the antibiotic-induced nausea. (Zantac was helpful with that.) I went to the gym one day and felt really weak, so much so that I left after 20 minutes and canceled my appointments for the rest of last week.

Today I went back and did a 30-minute light workout with my trainer. I feel lame and can't believe how much this single infection has knocked me down. But today is my last dose of Cipro and I know I'll be able to get back to where I was at the gym. But this experience has been eye-opening.

My weight is up a bit but I'm having a lovely tomato, mozzarella and basil salad for lunch so I think with increased veggies and staying strict on my protein/veggies/little to no carbs routine I'll be able to turn things around.

More importantly, my sweet sweet dad is having a health scare and I am completely freaked out about this. He's only 62. Please keep him in your thoughts and prayers. We love him so much and we want to keep him healthy.

15 comments:

  1. First things first.. prayers for your dad AND you - I know how scary health scares for our parents can be.

    #2 - when I was so sick about a month ago, it was amazing to me how much it would literally knock me out.. I must have canceled on my trainer 20 times!!! Then I would go work out, and get sick all over again.. so take it easy!

    Your lunch sounds delish! :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sending healthy vibes to you and your dad! Feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Prayers for you and your family...already in the works.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww sweetie...so sorry to hear about your crappy week and especially about your dad. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  5. Will be saying a prayer for both you and your father.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you are your old self again soon, and I certainly hope everything is okay with your Dad. It is so scary when things like this come up- all of you are in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your dad is in my prayers. I hope you are feeling better soon too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fingers crossed for dad... do your best to think good thoughts, no reason to assume the worst, mkay?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kristin, I will be praying.. I have a gateway to the Big Man up Above.. All will be OK. and get yourself better do not worrying about working out until your health is back.. really.. you need all the parts to be working.

    ReplyDelete
  10. will keep you and your dad in my thoughts. Hope all turns out ok... for both of you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Prayin for your dad.. hope you feel beter sooon

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm definitely sending prayers and let yourself really get better before you try to get all your workouts back in - take it easy!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Praying for your Dad, hope that you're 100% soon.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hope you'er feeling better. Sending good thoughts and prayers to your dad.

    ReplyDelete