I haven't been able to shake my infection, I'm achy and uncomfortable. My doctor hooked me up with some Cipro and my mother tells me that should knock me back to normal in the next day or two.
In the meantime, I've been eating everything in sight yesterday and today. I think it's partly emotional. I'm sick and a little overwhelmed with the usual household stuff, school stuff and the planning I need to do for summer. (Does anyone else feel like a freakin' cruise director when you're trying to get kids' activities and camps organized?) Also, Hubs is in the Middle East on business and I'm not thrilled about it.
But I'm asking myself: Why does a person eat when she's not hungry? Especially with the band, there's no excuse for that bullshit. It's taking away the whole benefit of having a band. Frustrating. It's a little tricky, because if I wait too long then I eat too fast and all hell breaks loose with my band. But I'm clearly eating when I'm not hungry, possibly out of habit or boredom or whatever.
You've all given me some good tips about shaking up my routines to get out of bad habits and create new ones, and I need to put those into practice. Like, now.
ugh Kristin.. nothing is worse than feeling like crap, and having a ton of stuff coming down on you. Deep Breaths!!! Honey, this is where a glass of wine works wonders.. maybe some tea with a kick of brandy.. sorry if my ideas are lame, but
ReplyDeleteI think it is hardest when I don't feel well. Sometimes I get to feeling a little sorry for myself. I hope that you feel better soon!
ReplyDeleteOh muffin...so sorry you are going through this...especially while hubs is away.
ReplyDeleteI think trying to implement a new or tweaked eating plan should probably wait until you feel 100% health wise. Until then, go with Barb's glass of wine.
I hope you feel better STAT! I always want to sick even with the band..I like barbaras ideas whisky and hot apple cider yum
ReplyDeleteI'm so sorry you're not feeling well - that just makes everything else so much more difficult. Yes!! I totally get the cruise director thing - how can so few kids (I only have 2) require so many, many hours worth of planning for a few short months???
ReplyDeleteI always eat like crap when I'm sick. But, it's just for a little bit and then you get back on track. Life is always going to throw something at you, don't beat yourself up. You will feel better soon and find your motivation again.
ReplyDeleteWhile I love my kids with all my heart...planning kids logistics is a pain!
ReplyDeleteI hope you feel better soon.
Why is it when men feel sick, they get to just lie around in bed and not do anything but when a woman is sick?? Not so much. Hope you feel better soon.
ReplyDeleteGoodness! Cipro will knock it out. But if it doesn't go back. Trust me!
ReplyDeleteI am in awe at you moms and your schedules. How you manage to get anything done is amazing!
It seems like lately I have been eating when I am not hungry. I never was a "night" snacker then two nights ago..BAM. Anything I could find! I think snacking/eating takes our mind of issues that bother us. Hubs in the ME would be a good enough reason for me. But like you I assume..before I never recognized it. Now I do/..when I have a bad over eating day I see it and own it and try and fix it the next day or week! You'll get back there. Give yourself some credit! But most of all feel better!
I hope you start feeling better.
ReplyDeleteHope you are feeling better!
ReplyDeleteI hope all is well. Thinking about you!
ReplyDelete