The scale is stubbornly sticking within a four-pound range above my most recent low.
Listen, kids, it got so bad that yesterday I exercised. Not crazy, sweating-like-a-pig exercise, but a brisk walk. Which clearly means I've gotten desperate.
I'm hungry, thinking about my next meal a lot. I can't blame it on hormones or any particular stress, so I guess it means I need a fill? I still think I'll wait till after Labor Day. We have so much traveling between now and then, to places that aren't likely to have a fill (or UNfill) doctor nearby, that I guess I'm OK with just sticking it out and trying to eat well in the meantime.
In other news, I think I've mentioned this before but it bears repeating: Despite the fill-or-no-fill, when am I going to lose more weight, ohmigod I just threw up again moments... I love this band. I have a different outlook on my life since getting it. My constant mental battle with myself over my weight and my lack of discipline, all of that stuff, is almost entirely gone. I feel at peace with myself in a way that I can't remember feeling in a long, long time.
So I resolve to be patient. The weight will move. I am actively working on it but not letting it consume my life.
Isn't that a nice change?
Yay!! I love that feeling. I've noticed a profound change in my thinking as well. I know it will happen so I can be patient. LOVE THE BAND!!
ReplyDeleteTry to find the foods that keep you full longer - pure protein. I know keeping my blood sugar level helps me immensely. The little babybel cheeses are my favorite snack.
Isn't it amazing to have some PEACE? I love it! I think you are very sensible to wait until September for another fill and good job getting some exercise!
ReplyDeleteYou are funny with the exercise!!! I hear you on the hunger and I think the patience is the key here.. if we dind't have it, we'd go crazy right?
ReplyDeleteI am starting to feel this way too. You are a wise woman!
ReplyDeleteI totally agree with you that the band has given me strength to know that I am doing something about my weight (although in the past I have thought about jaw wiring).
ReplyDeleteI am truely convinced that there is alot of mental retraining going on.. I have little hunger now, but I still eat.. is it habit.. I don't know.. but my biggest challenge is the stress eating.. WHY DO I HAVE SO MUCH FRIGGIN stress in my life.. so I am trying to train myself
I so wish I was where you are right now.
ReplyDeleteEnjoy the peace of mind and send the vibes back in my direction.
Look at you with your awesome attitude..I need to borrow some of that sunshine!! Good job with the exercise!
ReplyDeleteI completely agree. It's like, for once in my life, I know that the weight is going to come off...eventually. I just need to be patient and ride out the plateau-periods. Even with all the hardships that the band brings...I love it and would do it all over again, in a heartbeat!
ReplyDeleteChristine
www.phoenixrevolution.net