Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Puppies and Kids


This is Saffron. Isn't she adorable? She's six weeks old, and if all goes as planned she will grow up to be a working dog. Her brother Sheldon is here too, he's a black lab and is destined for the working life as well. They are sweet-tempered pups.

It's busy here, but a good busy. Puppies and kids - lots of work, lots of fun. The extended family leaves tonight after dinner, and puppies go back to Guiding Eyes for the Blind on Friday.

I haven't had much chance to take pictures, just this one. We're trying to keep the puppies busy exploring and learning while also keeping the kiddies busy in parallel play so they don't overwhelm the pups.

The scale is wending its way back down, just one pound above the low. And it better, because I'm eating practically nothing. I want a new low number, and I want it soon.

11 comments:

  1. I am deeply, deeply in love with Saffron. I am going to drive to your house tomorrow and steal her and love her forever. I will call her Saffy for short and we will be so happy together!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a sweet little puppy!!! Glad the scale is moving downwards!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gilly...you can't have her...Saffron is MINE, MINE, MINE.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww...Brutus would love them! That is so wonderful of you and your family to do this with the pups. Good for you and I'm glad your scale is moving on down!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG! I'm in LOVE!!!!! She is beyond adorable the kind that I could never say no to anything that she wanted !!!! I WANT HER !!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kristin you have the biggest heart.. and are such a wonderful daughter and mom (and I am sure wife).. Giving your kids this experience is just a fantastic idea.. what better way to teach them about helping others.. and why these puppies are important..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super cute pup!!! We have fostered dogs in the past but not recently. You are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Don't starve yourself, silly goose, but good job having a scale drop! OMG that puppy is SO FREAKING CUTE! I want to eat him up!

    (P.S. Can you put me on your blog roll please?)

    Christine
    www.phoenixrevolution.net

    ReplyDelete
  9. Too Cute!! I don't know how you can give them back! I am sure with kids it is a lot of work, though!

    Good to here you are one lb away from your low! <3

    ReplyDelete
  10. Precious puppy! What a wonderful thing you are doing. Congrats on the scale, send some mojo my way!

    ReplyDelete