I saw my surgeon today, for the first time in two months (forgot to schedule a June appointment). The visit went well, despite the disappointing news that I only lost eight pounds in two months. Not setting any records over here.
My surgeon was happy with my progress and said he didn't think I need a fill. I don't think so either, I still find myself unable to eat most meat and can't have anything solid other than a Zone bar before noon. No bread, no pasta, no rice. I haven't really tried salad but I don't think I'd be able to have much of it.
So I'm going to keep trucking, keeping track of the days when I could snack all day. If I look at the big picture, it's hormonal more often than not. Which helps keep me from freaking out that the band isn't working.
The last couple of days my appetite really kicked into high gear, as have thoughts of food. I hope that will subside soon. Like, now.
I feel like I am losing slowly, too, even though I am unable to eat most meats now. It's crazy.. I felt like one fill changed everything. One day I could eat thin crust pizza and salad and the next day I am getting stuck on soup. What the world?? lol.
ReplyDeleteKristin, You are doing really well. You are down nearly 60 lbs. in six months and that's nothing to shake a stick at!
ReplyDeleteJust keep plugging away. You already look FANTASTIC and I know you'll get to your goal. Maybe not as quickly as you wish, but isn't the end result the same?
8 pounds in two months? Sounds good to me! I understand your frustration but it sounds like your restriction is pretty good. Maybe, like me, you just have metabolism that hates you. Why can't I convince myself of these things...?
ReplyDeleteYour doing great! My band has a mind of it's on some days I can eat salad/rice on other days I have trouble with fish lol Hope your hunger goes away soon xo
ReplyDeleteYes, yes, keep trucking...you are so doing this! And I'm so proud of you!
ReplyDeleteYou are doing great... You are almost halfway to your goal. Fantastic! *Maria*-Blogger from "This one time at band camp..." Check out my blog at mybigfatbandgeeklife.blogspot.com
ReplyDelete8 pounds in two months = 1 pound per week. Which is slow, sure, but it's steady. I think it's a marvelous success and you should be really proud of yourself! Keep doing whatever it is that you've been doing! Did you get a fill while you were there?
ReplyDeleteChristine
www.phoenixrevolution.net
8 pounds in 2 months is still good weight loss...look how much you have lost overall. You are doing awesome!!!
ReplyDeleteHang in there powder puff...I'm so happy that you agreed with your doc about not getting a fill. I live in fear of the monthly appt. I show up to where the surgeon doesn't think I need a fill. I guess the difference between you and me is that I had my 3rd fill today and before today's fill, I've been able to eat absolutely anything in a very short period of time.
ReplyDeleteYou are doing SO GREAT band sista. Keep it up!
ReplyDeleteHey Girlie.. hope you are doing well.. we miss you in blogland!!
ReplyDelete