Monday, July 19, 2010

Stop. Stop! STOP!!

Learning when to stop eating is not coming easily to me. This is primarily a problem at dinnertime, but occasionally it pops up at lunch too. (Breakfast is a portion-controlled Zone bar.)

I've never had a vomiting episode from not stopping in time - getting sick for me is always a result of eating a cracker or something that was too dry, not chewing enough and eating too quickly. I've had a tummy ache once or twice from eating too much, but otherwise the only consequence has been slow or no weight loss.

Both nights this weekend I had social events, dinner with friends on Saturday and book club on Sunday. On Saturday I felt like I ate a LOT, although in retrospect, I gave half of my appetizer to my husband and only ate half my fish. But I did finish the completely amazingly fabulous side of mashed potatoes. And a couple bites of dessert (one dessert split among four people). MUCH better than pre-band, but not exactly weightloss friendly. Accordingly, my weight is up a bit the last few days.

This afternoon I got sick from a couple of crackers. Blah. Not sure if the tightness is the result of a hormonal shift or stress. My baby is having minor surgery on Wednesday morning which itself isn't a big deal, but the general anesthesia makes me nervous. And this morning lightning struck some power lines, which fell across our driveway, causing a(nother) power outage. Then I couldn't get in my driveway to get the baby for her pre-op appointment (she was home with the sitter while I did morning errands). So I had to park at my mother-in-law's house and walk through drenching rain across the back yards to carry her back to my car and go to the doctor's office. What a morning.

In happy news, I BOUGHT CLOTHES AT BANANA REPUBLIC ON FRIDAY! This is totally cool for me. It was a sweater set thing, and I don't think I'd wear it just yet but in 10 or 15 pounds it'll look great. I have photos that I'll post soon.

I hope you're all well!

13 comments:

  1. Good luck on Wednesday! She'll do great. Let me know how everything goes. That alone would make my band tight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All the best with your baby! I know she will do well but still it's so unsettling.

    Take care

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sending prayers and happy, healing vibes your way!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm afraid to go into a Banana Republic. Those tiny, trendy people scare me. Maybe when I get smaller it won't be so intimidating. I know the surgery will go well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh - I'd be nervous too with the baby. I'll be thinking of you. I struggle with night eating too. What works for me is to eat a piece of chocolate every night to allow myself the "munchies".

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sending best wishes for your little guy.. all will be ok .

    And what a great NSV.. I have never bought a thing a BR.. I have always been intimidated to even try something on.. so that really is a special NSV..

    ReplyDelete
  7. We will be thinking of you guys on Wed. I am sure everything will be fine. I am so sorry to hear about the electrical issues again!! Great NSV though.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aww - I'll say prayers for your baby. Everything is going to go smoothly for sure! Try not to worry (easier said than done I know).

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh: good luck with baby, I will think positive and anti-anxiety thoughts. I can understand the worry, but I am sure you're putting baby in good hands...
    smooches and hugs

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on the Banana Republic NSV!

    Perhaps this might help you with the overeating struggle? For a while I was living off of soup: I'd make a HUGEEEE pot of veggie soup and cut all the veggies up nice and small, plus they'd get all mushy in the soup. Then I'd divvy up the soup into 150 calorie tubs. (I'd freeze the stuff I wasn't going to eat in the next three days.) That stuff fills you up really well without breaking the calorie bank.

    Christine
    www.phoenixrevolution.net

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hear ya Kristin. That was/ is my biggest issue. I dont ever ( or didnt before the pregnancy hormones apparently made my band disappear ) get hungry but when I start eating I dont know when to stop...

    Congrast on the banana republic NSV!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ugh. I struggle with this too. Like once I pry my band open I can just keep shoveling it in.
    Good, good, good vibes for the bay-bay.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Kristin! You broke the BRepublic barrier, awesome! I was a total wild woman at the BR outlet in Atlantic City last week!

    Best wishes for your baby. How old is she again?

    ReplyDelete