Thursday, July 22, 2010

Band Lessons/Life Lessons

First, thanks for all your notes about my daughter. She's back to her old toddler self. And by that I mean she raised holy hell in Target this morning and I couldn't even run for the exit because I was waiting for a prescription to be filled. That was fun.

In other news:

1. I cannot be trusted around any kind of chip dip. I will inhale it, and I know it is still a bad idea even if I use cucumber slices rather than chips.

2. I still stress eat.

3. I still hormone eat. (You know what I mean.)

4. If you loll about and wait for the band to do all the work, you stay fat.

Big exhale. I know I said I'd post photos of flowy blue skirt and Banana Republic fitting room, and now I will.

Upon further review, I think I look shlumpy in this skirt. Or at least in the outfit as a whole:

Here's the Banana Republic sweater set:

I think it's best to hold off on this for another 10-15 pounds (and if you don't believe me, check out the side view below).

When I do bust out my BR outfit, I'll button a few middle buttons but leave the top and bottom few unbuttoned. Is that what the kids are doing these days? I am so fashion challenged.

And now, I have to go get my nails done do some errands.

16 comments:

  1. I have always loved that style of skirts and it was hard for me to stay away from them. I am going to be honest here because that is the point of our blogs,righ?! I don't think they do anything for our bodies. One thing I have learned throughout this process is that if it makes you FEEL frumpy then that is enough reason not to wear it.

    Please don't hate me and I ignore me @ brunch Sunday! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok cutie pattotie.. First I love the little munchkin in the background of one of the shots! And I do like the skirt! Perhaps pair it with some heels and maybe wear a more tailored blouse, maybe a capped sleeve shell and a long necklace and you are ready to paint the town!
    I really like the BR sweater and I bet you could wear it now and I agree unbutton the last few buttons.. I have worn sweaters that I thought were snug, but by the end of the day they seemed to be fine! cinch the sleeves up a bit.. you are a doll!!

    Ok, on to your list of other news..
    I can not eat crackers at all (never again).
    And I still stress eat and I totally agree with the hormone surge eating (like I want to kill somebody).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Agree with the others re: the fashion critique. I do like the skirt, but the top kills it. A crisp more tailored blouse that isn't as long as the tee will give you a cleaner line, IMHO.

    The color of that sweater set looks really nice on you and thanks for the buttoning tip. I hope that one day I can wear sweaters that I actually button. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha! I sent you a message on FB before I saw any of the comments here. I love you, Krissyplops!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's strange how one style of outfit can look totally great and another just doesn't suit. I agree with the girls above. While the blue of the skirt is so pretty the 2nd pic with the sweater looks great. And you should stick with blues - they look so lovely on you. Doing good girl. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those skirts are so comfy, but are not flattering. I agree a more tailored shirt would make a big difference.
    Glad your little girl is back to her self.

    ReplyDelete
  7. THANK YOU for the honest assessment of the outfit situation. I agree with all of you - the blue skirt would work with a more fitted top, but generally it isn't awesome. When I bought the t-shirt it was more fitted but quickly lost its shape. I'll see what I can do to be able to wear the skirt again.

    Thanks for the nice comments re the BR sweater set. Can't wait to bust it out!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yep, a tailored shirt with that skirt would work but you'd need some heels too. I like the sweater!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The skirt is very cute but if you have something flowy and loos eon the bottom you should have something fitted up top to balance it all out, you don't look shlumpy to me, but would look even better in a fitted tank top on top to balance out the flowiness of the skirt. VERY cute clothes!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love those skirts but the only way they look good on anybody over your bathsuit flowing in the breeze on a beach in Maui... Well, I guess any beach will do but I really love Maui. And perhaps the reason I think they look good over a bathing suit is because it covers up my big fat hideous thighs and legs. Oh well, whatever works. *Maria*-Blogger from "This one time at Band Camp..." Check out my blogs at mybigfatbandgeeklife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think the skirt would look adorable with a tank top or something more form fitting. Ha ha I just read Janelle's comment above mine. Apparently great minds and all that!

    So glad your daughter is back to normal.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Agree with all above and glad your cutie pie is feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I can't top the fashion advice from the others so I'll just chime in and say...ditto.
    Awesome news about your daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ditto too!! The BR outfit is much more flattering in the form fitting way- flowy skirts only look good on Nicole Richie... but kisses to you.
    Glad your little one did ok, sorry I missed the update, I will look back for it now.
    You are looking SO GREAT-- and you've made great progress.
    Be nice to my band sista pleeze.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Glad to hear your daughter is doing better and I have t agree with everyone on the skirt. great color, but i know for me, that style just winds up making me look larger than I really am...I think that's why it is called a peasant skirt. You never saw any "fat" peasants (not saying you're fat, though). LOL

    ReplyDelete
  16. Pic #1: frumpy. Cute skirt, but total frumpage. However, Outfit #2 is totally cute and accentuates your waist! I'm loving it!

    ReplyDelete