Thursday, May 13, 2010

Head Hunger Hell

Yesterday was a tough head hunger day. I would like to tell you I fought valiantly and ultimately won, but that isn't how it went down. I really felt hungry early in the day, and just kept eating. The food got less nutritious and more crappy as the day progressed.

This morning I can barely get my engagement ring on, my stomach feels crappy, the scale is up 2.5 pounds from my low and I just am not sure what happened yesterday.

I had a shake this morning, which has filled me up to the point of being nauseated. I'll shoot for high-quality food and take it meal by meal.

Blech.

14 comments:

  1. Shit happens, right? I think everyone has those days. It is ok, it is 1 day in your life, make better choices today to make up for it. :)

    I have the same problem with my wedding ring, I am right on the verge of it being too tight, so if I have a shitty day and get all bloated it is too tight the next day, also... a good motivator for me to be better, though. I do NOT want to have an issue with my wedding ring fitting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girlfriend, it happens to the best of us. And sometimes a day of extra calories can ultimately cause the scale to dip back down, so don't beat yourself up. You did the right thing - back on track with a shake this morning - you'll be fine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. bad day...sweep it under the rug. Today is a new one and drink some water to get the swelling down.

    P.S. I probably had you beat in the craptastic food yesterday , lets just say there was a huge slice of double chocolate cake in my fridge at 7pm and by 8pm it had somehow shrunk to a tiny bit of leftover frosting :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Im in the same boat the last three days. :(
    I cannot control myself and I am really getting tired of it.
    I was actually thinking last week that maybe I could do this without the band! Not so much anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can I ask you why you stick it out with the shakes?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Gilly - I do a shake in the morning because it gets me off to a solid start with protein. I can't quite eat enough protein in solids yet (still a bit too tight) so after this last fill I went back to a shake for breakfast. I tried poached eggs the other day and couldn't get the whites down. The thing is, I'm hungry in the morning so I can't just not eat until noon. I really need something, and the shake seems to do the trick.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh sista: you will get there. Everyone has bad days and good days.... so make this a better day. I know you'll think of this yourself, but get PLENTY of water in to flush the sodium from your system and remember there is simply no way to gain 2 pounds in a day. You would have had to have eating an ADDITIONAL 7000 calories on top of your daily caloric requirement. Unless you drank a vat of lard, I doubt seriously that it happened that way.

    Hang in there and thanks for all of your band sista support. Together in skinny-ness!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stay strong my little pudding-pop. I wish I had some advise, but I'd be a phony (oh Holden!) because I am in the same canoe with you! I heeaaaarrrt you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Kristin.. I know what you mean.. when I get anxious I want to shoot and eat an elephant.. it has been said many times.. if only there were a band for our head... Did you jump over to Vanessa's blog.. I am going to have the discussion with my doc about hungry/not hungry syndromes.. if we eat why do we continue to want to eat.. what's going on.. I need some trigger to my brain to yell at it to STOP EATING.. I am not so sure this is all behavioral... put hang in there sweetie.. hills and valleys.. that's how I look at it..

    ReplyDelete
  10. It is over and done! Today is a new day. Forgive yourself and MOVE ON!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sorry. As we all know, the weight gain is water from the crappy food, so do not sweat that part. Do you have enough fill? This helps my head hunger - being at the sweet spot.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hopefully today was a new and better day.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Shake it off...it was one day and tomorrow you'll get a whole new day to do with what you will.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh we all have those days....forget it and just eat something healthy when you are up to it

    ReplyDelete