We went out to Grub Steak last night, which is one of my favorite restaurants here. It has a great salad bar, it's kid-friendly, and the food is pretty good. I wasn't up for testing my band with steak, even a tender filet. So I had a spinach and mushroom salad with light warm bacon dressing, 1/3 of a potato skin and about half of my halibut, maybe 3 ounces. I took about four small bites of mashed potatoes.
But get this - everyone was dying for dessert so they ordered mud pies and ice cream sundaes and whatnot. And I did not have a single bite.
This wasn't any great show of willpower on my part, I just really didn't want any. Remember, I had the Cadbury Creme egg earlier in the day, so I'm not up for sainthood or anything.
That's a good NSV for me.
In other news, at home the power is still out, school is canceled for today and tomorrow at least, trees are still falling because they've gotten so waterlogged from the rain. Can't wait to open the fridge and freezer when we get back. Blech.
There's no scale in the house here, so I have no idea what's happening weight-wise. I can't decide if I should weigh myself when we get home or wait a couple days to make sure all the flight-related fluid has moved along.
I say wait a couple of days or just weigh in on your "regular" weigh in day :-)
ReplyDeleteI would wait a few days for everything to settle before you weigh yourself when you get home. You are really doing great!
ReplyDeleteI weighed in the day after vacation and was pleasantly surprised! I bet you may be too!
ReplyDeleteI feel so sorry for you to have to go home and clean out the fridge and freezer. Geez, can't you hire somebody to do that before you get home?? Just the thought of that makes me gag...Anyway...good job with dinner and skipping the dessert, you are doing great!
ReplyDeleteWay to go on the dinner!!!! Ugh, I'm so sorry you have to worry about dealing with all that when you get home. Try not to think about it for now!!
ReplyDeleteOkay, I would definitely wait and weigh, but if you're anything like me, you won't! ;-) I typically gain a pound or two in water weight, even when I eat like a saint!!
ReplyDeleteI was trying to remember who had the cadbury cream egg-my favorite every spring. Haven't had one yet so may skip it given the confession I would have to make here in blog land.
ReplyDeleteGreat control when eating out. Yah for passing up dessert and boo for having the power go off at home.
That is awesome about the dessert! A true NSV!
ReplyDeleteI just weighed in today after a week on vacay, and it was not too bad. you could wait though if you have the patience!