I was so distracted by the no-power-bridal-shower drama this morning I didn't even change my ticker.
I weighed in at 232.5 pounds, which means I've officially lost 33.5 pounds. This is my first new low in about a month. Yayyy!
My new mini-goal is 225, which is what I weighed the summer I did three triathlons and got pregnant with my second baby. I'll be very happy to bust through that number.
Today's eating was slightly better, I was so busy I didn't have time to think about it much. We took the kids to the zoo this morning and got some exercise walking around for about 90 minutes. It wasn't aerobic, but at least I was moving.
Here's the quick update on the post-storm stuff: The power company told me this evening that we likely won't have power restored until sometime Saturday. School is canceled for the entire week.
We're staying at my in-laws' house, which is one street over from ours. Their electricity is out too, but they have a generator. It powers some of the kitchen, family room, one bedroom and a bathroom -- all we need, really. (Although it would be lovely to be able to do laundry.) And the wifi works!! The in-laws themselves are still in Utah, so it's just us.
A friend saved me by finding an alternate venue for the bridal shower, so we'll need to get in touch with all the guests but at least they won't be coming to a cold, dark house with no hot water on Saturday.
My mom sees the hematologist tomorrow. I'm so glad she'll be able to see him rather than having to worry all weekend about it.
Thanks for all your comments and support. It's amazing to me how much they buoy my spirits on tough days.
Today's been kind of a doozy. In addition to the logistical problems and my mom's health issues, my great-aunt Mary died this morning. She was crazy funny and we'll miss her.
Aunt Mary was a good Irish woman, and in that spirit here is my favorite Irish blessing:
May the road rise up to meet you,
May the wind be always at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face,
And the rains fall soft upon your fields.
And until we meet again,
May God hold you in the palm of His hand.
I am so sorry to hear about your great aunt, that is my favorite Irish blessing too! Glad you guys are somewhere there is power and the party got figured out. Congrats on your weight loss, you are doing great!
ReplyDeleteSorry for your loss and all the other stressful events.
ReplyDeleteI was saying in my last support group how I picked this time in my life to be banded because I figured the more stressful events had passed. NOT SO MUCH!
I'll be thinking of your Mom and hope your shower is great and power is restored soon!
Hopefully things will brighten up for you soon. Sounds like you have a lot going on, but happy to hear you've lost weight. Sorry about your great aunt.
ReplyDeleteSo sad about your great-Aunt, I bet you were just her bright, shining light too. On the good side, congrats on your lowest weight. You rock xx
ReplyDeleteKris, sorry about everything... that Irish blessing was very sweet. I am glad that the bridal shower plan is coming back together again.
ReplyDeleteHugs.
So sorry about your great-aunt Kris. Beaufitful blessing, love that one. Enjoy the shower tomorrow whereever you have it! Fingers are crossed that you'll get your power on early Saturday!
ReplyDeleteI'm sorry to hear of your great-aunt, my thoughts are with you..
ReplyDeletei'm sorry for your loss :-(
ReplyDeleteI'm sorry for your loss.
ReplyDeleteOh, I'm so sorry. That sucks. Sounds like she was a hell of a woman.
ReplyDelete