Tuesday, March 9, 2010

A New Hope

Well, that thing that's been MIA, that I've been waiting for, has arrived. Hallelujah! Now maybe the three weeks of unrelenting hunger and cravings will go away for a little while. (And I did not bravely bear up and fight the beast; no, I folded like a deck of cards and ate like a fiend.) I haven't lost weight in weeks.

Today is a new day. A new start. A new hope.

Rules for today:

Water, water, water.
Protein first (I've done pretty well with this).
No drinking with meals, or 30 minutes after.
Make good food choices.
Eat until satisfied, not until full.
Small bites.
Put fork down between bites.
Chew, chew, chew.
Nothing to eat after dinner.

I tried to schedule a fill for when we get home from Utah, but my doctor can't see me until the 31st. Not happy about that. I asked if the other surgeon in the practice could see me, and they said the doctors don't like to do that. What the hell...? I'll be asking him about that when I finally do see him.

Happy Losing, Bandsters!

PS Re the title of today's post: I live in a Star Wars-dominated household right now. We have Star Wars DVDs, bed sheets, toys, books, wall posters and chatter. Constant chatter.

6 comments:

  1. It sounds like a great plan. You go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can I copy your plan? I need this soo bad also
    I am going to try and have no snacks after dinner for 1 full week and see what happens. I only lost 8 ounces this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great plan!!!! You can do it!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes..flying was not kind to me. I didn't eat anything before or during flight, my Dr. said not to even eat the peanuts, just because the band may be tighter in flight. Buttt, that wasnt really my problem, my issue was all the eating out I did, and the drinking with meals, and not drinking the hotel tap water. ugh. I even took protein bars and shakes..hahahaa

    I hope your flight goes well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a little frustrating about not getting a fill until the 31st. Hope you have a good trip.

    ReplyDelete
  6. May the force be with you - lol!!

    ReplyDelete