So last night after reading all of your replies to my Too Fat to Fly post (thank you for the reassurances!), I decided this is just what I need to set a mini-goal. I've been kind of floundering lately, not really focused on any particular goal, just going along and hoping my restriction is enough to keep me from doing real damage. Not ideal for good, consistent weight loss.
Today is Feb. 16th. We leave for Utah on March 12. My mini-goal is to weigh 225 the day we leave. That's aggressive, I have probably 9 pounds to lose in less than a month. If I don't get right there, then I hope to be close.
The Plan:
* Work whatever restriction I have. Eat fish, turkey chili, substantial foods that will fill me up with relatively few calories.
* Avoid wine, even on weekends (current rule has been wine only on weekends.)
* No drinking with meals. At all. Ever.
* Exercise. I've done little exercise thus far, so there's lots of room for improvement here.
* Drink lots of water.
* Drink decaffeinated tea at night to avoid snacking. Thanks to Barbara for that tip, it did help last night.
I have my second fill on March 1st and I'll ask for 2 cc's then (I have 4 now).
Wish me luck!
You can do it. I'll pledge to be 6 pounds less by March 12th to put me at 25 pounds loss. I like your plan-it is good to be reminded about what works. Bonus-you will feel even better on your vacation.
ReplyDeleteI've flown a lot at around 215 pounds and it can be uncomfortable, make sure you sit beside one of the kids or hubby. I laughed at Barbara's comment about the skinnies who tuck their legs up under them in the seat. They're the ones who will be projected right out of their seatbelts and through the overhead bins.
Sounds like a good plan. Good luck!! Just in case you didn't notice yet I nominated you for an award. Check out my blog for details.
ReplyDeleteYou can do it, but don't stress about the plane. Keep up the good work!
ReplyDeleteI am with you on this..I would love to lose 12 lb by then! I have been eating so much turkey chili tho the last 2 days, blech...and I had 2 glasses of wine over the weekend, then did not work out the next day, and I am up a little in weight. Oy, I am so not drinking anymore!!
ReplyDeletesorry Ive been a stranger class has got my pulling my hair out..btw you had asked what I was studying and it's molecular biology that is causing all this stress!!
ReplyDeleteBut I get you and your plan sounds great. I like the idea of the tea at bed time..will give that a try! Water has ALWAYS been my issue so if you find a trick let me know !
You can do it girly !!! GO GO GO !!
You can do it!! I have an aggressive goal for Florida I leave 3/2. But I am on my way!!
ReplyDeletedrinking 100oz really has helped with my weight loss.
That is a great plan. I haven't moved this last week so I might take a few tips from you anmd set a mini goal too...thanks oh and good luck
ReplyDeleteGood for you for setting an agressive plan-- I'm not in that space right now-- just trying to hang in there.
ReplyDeleteBut I am remembering that band patients are typically successful-- it just takes LONGER. Patience is a virtue, but you go girl if you can make it happen that much faster.
xoxox V
I love your plan. I may borrow it!!
ReplyDeleteOKay. I'm in. I want to lose 10 pounds by the 10th of March. That should be around the time I start the liquid phase of the pre-op diet. Let's do it!!
ReplyDelete