Tuesday, February 2, 2010

It's Official


I am out of touch. I have not seen a single one of the movies nominated for Best Picture this year. In fact, I think I've only seen three movies in the past 12 months - The Hangover (took the baby when she was 5 weeks old and nursed her through the whole film - most relaxing evening I had in ages); Star Trek (for the Hubs' 40th birthday; also took him to Panera for dinner to celebrate) and Invictus (most excellent, by the way).

In 2000 I saw every single movie nominated for Best Picture. What has become of me??

As far as eating and whatnot, let's just say my restriction is minimal. I had a protein shake for breakfast, a Dunkin Donuts flatbread sandwich for lunch and two smallish bowls of butternut squash risotto (Barefoot Contessa recipe - BEST EVER) for dinner. Not exactly a model bandster day.

The scale did show a half-pound loss this morning, so I guess things could be worse. Like tomorrow morning, when the glass (ok, two glasses, stop grilling me already) of wine show up.

I logged 40 minutes on the elliptical while the oldest child had swim practice at the Y. That's something, right?

Also, an anticipated NSV: I'm planning our summer activities, trying to coordinate dates and trips with the extended family. I am SO EXCITED to do things this summer that I haven't been able to do in years because of my weight. I want to take the kids on rides and hikes and kayaking (last summer I couldn't fit in our kayaks). I am really, really looking forward to all of that. I love doing things with my children, and I have missed out the last few years. This band gives me hope. That's the best thing about it.

Finally, I leave you with a New York Times story about Michael Pollan's new book, Food Rules: An Eater's Manual.

4 comments:

  1. Kristin, I saw Pollan on Oprah (less sophisticated way to get the info you're sending out!!) and it was very fascinating.
    You're doing great.
    I am getting to the point of "get me my fill!!!" weight loss seems to have ground to a halt-- not surprising since I'm able to eat more. Argh.
    We're on the way though-- this is a LIFETIME, so let's hang in there.

    Good for you on the exercise...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it awesome to be excited about doing funthings that you never would have done before lb??? You are going to have a summer of fun!!
    I haven't seen the full list of Oscar nominees but I think I've seen quite a few this time around but what's up with there being 10 nominees?
    I have a much needed fill this morning - hoping this one is the one! Be back later to check in on the challenge! Thanks again for the motivation with this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Join the club with the oscar nominees...the last film I saw was hangover with the hubby too :-)
    Food didnt look that bad yesterday for you. Calories look ok.
    Good job on the exercise too

    ReplyDelete
  4. Me too - totally clueless on the movie/celebrity thing. Its all Spongebob and sports around here, and the movies I do get out to see are usually the G rated variety.

    Now - I think your menu for yesterday sounded pretty good! Sounds like 1200 cals or less to me! Good job on the exercise!!!

    My exercise for yesterday was 45 mins - 40 running on treadmill plus about 5 mins doing abs exercises. Off to Pilates now - hopefully I will not be late for once and can get in the whole hour long class!

    ReplyDelete