The good news is, I do seem to stay full longer with this 4 cc fill. Food actually leaves my mind for a while after I eat! Crazy.
The bad news is, I was still able to eat a pretty big dinner last night at a restaurant.
(This Valentine dinner was a preplanned girls' night out - our husbands were on childcare duty. The three of us were the only non-couple table in the entire restaurant.)
Anyway, I was able to eat one roasted (moist) shrimp, two medium-size scallops and a pretty decent size piece of sea bass with quinoa and sweet pea risotto. Oh, um, and flourless chocolate cake with a small scoop of raspberry sorbet.
Good news: I put my fork down after every bite, concentrated on talking rather than eating. Bad news: I drank water (and a glass of sangria - yum) with dinner, which I never do normally.
I don't actually feel terribly guilty about any of this, so this isn't a 'confession,' really. I've done well since the fill last week and the scale is moving in the right direction and I know I will continue to make good choices. But I do think my ability to eat that much at dinner means I'll be ready for another fill when I go back to my surgeon on March 2nd.
Glad you're getting some restriction. Good job on the no guilt for an occassional splurge...we've had enough of the food guilt!
ReplyDeleteSounds like a fun nite out.. good food choices as well Kristin. I know what you mean by having restriction but not enough.. I have conscious restriction but could eat plenty more when stress kicks in.. stay warm.. the snow is coming your way!!!
ReplyDeleteSounds like you are getting there. And great attitude about not feeling guilty. I was a little confused about food leaving your mind. You mean that might actually be possible after I get banded. LOL What a concept!
ReplyDeleteSounds great...you are about 20lbs ahead of me and I was banded 14/12/09.....so I am way jealous. Keep up the good work
ReplyDeleteI had flourless choc cake on vday too! It was the homemade kind (by my mother in law) ..It's good to have a treat like that once in a while! And March 2nd isn't too far away for another fill!
ReplyDelete