ARGH.
That should sum it up. The scale continues to read 240, despite mixing up my calorie intake (but still hovering in the 800-1100 calorie range every day) and walking for an hour yesterday. Boy, is this frustrating. I know people don't always lose at this point, but I figured that was because they didn't have good restriction yet so they were eating things they shouldn't or more than they should.
I AM BEING A DREAM BANDER AND I STILL HAVEN'T LOST WEIGHT IN SIX DAYS.
There. I said it. Let me tell you, I have rarely kept to a diet. But I am following all the rules here and I'm stuck in the same spot. It's too early for a plateau, isn't it?
Otherwise, things are going well. I made a delicious scallop recipe from Sally last night. My in-laws were here, and everyone loved it! I served the scallops over a bed of spinach. I was able to eat two scallops and eight or nine very small bites of spinach. Delicious. Thanks Sally!
I am getting a few of my lap-band books together and will be writing a post reviewing each one. Some of them are terrible, and some are awesome. Stay tuned...
I know its discouraging, I was in your shoes for over a month. Keep doing the right things and look for victories in other ways, the scale will come around as well. Your moods are probably better, your energy, your skin if your from eating healthier. My weekly weigh-ins has helped me tremendously, I was wrapping my whole day around the number on Mr. Scale, not good! Your fills will make all the difference, hang in there until you get them!
ReplyDeleteHang in there, I am sure this will come together, for you AND for me!
ReplyDeleteMy weight didn't move for almost a month and it was the most irritating thing on earth!! You will get through Bandster Hell and once you start getting some fills, you'll be on your way!!! Hang in there!
ReplyDeleteWe all hit rough patches, the goal is to not let them deter you. Keep doing what you are doing and try to increase your water and the scale will catch up. I also had a week or so where the scale didn't move, but I found out at the doctors office it was because I lost fat, but gained muscle. I also recommend taking measurements to track changes!
ReplyDeleteAh Kristin.. keep the chin up.. but I know what you mean, little or no restriction just plain stink.. but don't think of this as a diet. this is a new lifestyle and this is all part of the journey.. once you start with the fills, sunnier days are ahead.. be well..
ReplyDeleteKeep up the good work - something HAS to give :-) Maybe try to stay off the scales for a little while (easier said than done I know!)? Feel free to through this advice back at me in a months time (lol!!)
ReplyDeleteI said I would keep in touch with how I'm going - have finally set up a blog http://shesaworkinprogress-workinprogress.blogspot.com
I never thought to find books on the band..
ReplyDeleteI'm so busy reading everyone's blogs!! :) I'll check back to read your reviews..
Ah darl,
ReplyDeleteThis part of the journey SUCKS!!!! Your body is trying to figure out what it needs to do - you're smack dab in that place we lovingly (NOT!!!) call Bandster Hell.
All I can tell you (taking my own advice here..) is to keep at what you're doing. You are the perfect bandster and your weight will start to move again. Take note of little things happening... a piece of clothing that was tight and now isn't, rings looser on your fingers, shoes that fit better, the different planes in your face from what you've lost so far. You will soon see that it's these small things you will love as much as those numbers on the scale.
Wishing you a great week - and good numbers!
Cara xx
I can't say anything that the others hasn't already said. So, keep up the good work, the weight will start to come off again!
ReplyDelete