My scale was all kinds of hinky this morning. And I'm not just saying that because it wasn't showing the 105 I think it should show.
I have a THINNER brand (ha!) digital that goes in .5 pound increments. We've had it for, I don't know, eight or nine years? Something like that. I can step on it five times in a row and get five different weights. Usually within a two-pound range, but now that I am watching so closely, two pounds makes a difference.
This morning I got on the scale a few times and it showed two pounds down, then 1.5 pounds down, then the same as Sunday and then 1 pound down. I had my son get on it a few times and his weight was consistent. Then I got on it again twice and it showed 1 pound down, so I gave myself credit for the 1 pound.
All this is to say: Do you have a scale you really like? If you do, what brand is it? I might be in the market for a new one.
On the recovery front, I feel just about normal today. No pain meds at all yesterday or today, and my port incision doesn't sting like the dickens when I bend over. Yay for normal!
I have this one the Tanita Innerscan. It is awesome and I got it for 20% off with a coupon at BB&B..
ReplyDeletehttp://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/product.asp?order_num=-1&SKU=120808
Big Yay for feeling Normal!!!
ReplyDeleteI don't have a scale, except for my Wii Fit scale. I had to throw mine out - 1. it was older than old, and 2. I was becoming too obsessed with weighing myself everytime I went into the bathroom!!!
I have an omron scale that I purchased online with my FSA dollars and it does a cool number of things. It calculates % body fat, muscle and something else that I cant remember. Coolest things is that it keeps a memory in your user profile so I can go back and see how much it's changed over time !!
ReplyDeleteGlad you're feeling better and it will just keep getting better you are doing fantastic !!
I can't remember the name of mine, but it isn't one of the fancier ones that I had originally planned on buying. Mine shows a change in .2 increments.
ReplyDeleteThe main thing is to make sure that it shows the weight loss in no more than .2 increments, .1 is even better. But think about it, you don't want to have to wait until you have lost at least .5 lbs or more for it to show a change!!! I say it is time to buy a new one!!