Let me tell you: When you check into the Hotel Hershey, they ask whether you prefer milk or dark, and hand you a chocolate bar. As you swan through the lobby and browse the shops, you have your pick from bowls filled with Hershey Kisses. Arriving at your cottage? Here's an ENORMOUS basket of kisses and peanut butter cups and miniatures... you get the idea.

Chocolate Immersion treatment or cocoa bean rubdown at the spa? Choices, choices. And while you're pondering, have a seat next to yet another bowl of Kisses to help you make up your mind.
Forgive me, bandsters, for I have sinned.
I went to Hershey with my two besties from college to celebrate 20 years of friendship. We drank wine, ate chocolate and cheese, talked, looked at ridiculous pictures of us in college (I was seriously fugly), drank more wine, ate more chocolate, dined on cheese and crackers. Rinse and repeat.

The good news in this scenario (I guess) is that my band has been pretty tight since Saturday. So I haven't done as much damage as I could have, and I definitely haven't come close to the damage I would have done preband.
I started my penance today with a gloriously tough workout at the gym. I have three additional workouts scheduled for this week.

Finally, and most importantly: NYC Bandster Brunch is THIS Sunday, March 20th!! Details on right of my blog page. I think we're about 20 for brunch. Looking forward to seeing you all!
Your weekend sounds absolutely devine! Every single bit of it.
ReplyDeleteI am so looking forward to the brunch - thanks so much for all your orgainzing work!!
Definitely sounds like a little slice of Heaven!
ReplyDeleteThat place sounds amazing! Wish I lived closer so I could take my girl friend.
ReplyDeleteum...i ate that basket at work this morning. Mine came from a vending machine though and wasnt nearly as pretty. Crap.
ReplyDeleteYou could never have been fugly! You're too adorable!
ReplyDeleteHershey Hotel?!?! OMG!!! I want to go there!
So jealous right now!
ReplyDeletei think of the song by Howard Jones with the lyrics "You can look at the menu, but you just can't eat...". You are a better soul than I would even dream of being Reeses are my ultimate chocolate weakness. Have fun, relax and pamper yourself. You look great in that photo, by the way!!
ReplyDeleteOh yea, I have some good memories of the Hershey Hotel! nuff said on that!
ReplyDeleteGlad you had a great weekend with your BFF's and you'll be doing that again this weekend! Lucky you!
sounds like a heavenly weekend!! Love the picture of you too!!
ReplyDeleteWhat treatment did you do? "Milk or dark?" is one of my favorite questions. I also like "straight or on the rocks?"
ReplyDeleteJealous! Of the B-Brunch and the Hershey Fest! I have never been there, but I need to go. The original Mr. Hershey is a (very) distant cousin of mine. For real! Explains a lot......
ReplyDeleteSounds like chocolate heaven! And, seriously, I find it hard to believe you were ever fugly!
ReplyDeletethat hotel stay sounds right up my alley! who doesnt love chocolate and cheese!
ReplyDeleteThere's a Hotel Hershey!!!! Just one more reason to the long list that I want to visit America :o) Sounds like you had a great weekend :o)
ReplyDeleteHotel Hershey? I had to go and google it.... YUM!!! So jealous :D
ReplyDeleteI am so jealous right now it is insane!!!!! What a great trip!
ReplyDeleteYUM!! Oy, but in less-sweet news, I'm not going to be able to make it to the brunch on Sunday. I am really disappointed to miss it! :( Don't want to put details on-line, so I'll just say that I have a conflict. Am really sorry not to be able to be there. :(
ReplyDeleteSounds great - I would have definitely indulged. Can't wait to see you Sunday!
ReplyDeleteChocolate and Reese's have been my real weakness lately! Glad you had a fabulous time!
ReplyDelete