Monday, March 21, 2011

BOOBS Hit New York


I had an amazing whirlwind weekend with some of the band girls. Gilly and Joey came from far, far away for a shopping trip meaningful visit with friends. They spoiled my children with totally awesome gifts, and my boys asked this morning when they were coming back to play Legos.

We gallivanted all over Manhattan and took in some of the booze sights the city has to offer. We found delicious, band-friendly food in (relatively) small portions - Cuban, Mexican, Greek and Starbucks. We walked through Central Park and Rockefeller Center and Washington Square Park and the Union Square Greenmarket. Times Square met Gilly and honestly I don't know who was more excited. We swanned through Bergdorf's and gaped at the mob scene in the Apple store. We went to the thee-uh-tah and saw a horror show called Play Dead that nearly killed me and hilarious improv at Upright Citizens Brigade. In one of my favorite moments, a Tiffany employee complimented my silver necklace and asked if I'd bought it there. He flinched a little but took it like a man when I told him the necklace was from Target.

Also, we chatted a bit.

Because years ago I swore I would "live the experience," rather than racing to record every moment, I took virtually no pictures of any of this. So you'll have to take my word for it.

We ended up with 19 BOOBS at the NYC blogger brunch on Sunday, which lasted for nearly three and a half hours. Awesome guacamole, fab margaritas and waiters who seemed slightly puzzled when they cleared plates that were still mostly full of food. I FINALLY was able to meet Dinnerland, who had her surgery the same day I had mine. People, she is even hotter in person than she looks on her blog. And super fun to talk with.

Thanks to everyone who came to the brunch, and especially to those of you who traveled from far and wide by car, bus and train just to spend a few hours with us. It was great.

Finally, I have a couple questions for the wise women (and men) of blogworld:

1. Do you take Biotin for your hair and nails? Have you found that it helps? What dosage do you take each day? I've seen 500 mcg, 1000 mcg and 5000 mcg tablets. No idea which one to take.

2. Do any of you read any great interior design blogs? I'm looking for inspiration.

18 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a wonderful time and yes...I'm still jealous! I took Biotin before, but I did't notice a big difference in my hair, just my nails. Sorry, I can't help you with the Design blogs, share if you find some good ones!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so jealous! That sounds like such a fun time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your interactive coverage of the events of the weekend! I DID take pictures, and when I get them off the camera and onto the computer, I will post some. SUCH an amazing weekend! There is absolutely nobody I would rather have spent my first time in NYC with!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so bummed to have missed the brunch! But so glad you guys had a great time! What a great weekend you three must have had! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a good time! Here's a link to one lady i follow. I love her stuff and most of it is budget friendly DIY projects (if you're up for it)

    http://soulpretty.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so glad you guys had a great time. I tried Biotin (can't remember the dosage) but it didn't help stop the hair loss. It did give me the strongest nails I have ever had. I think it works for some and not others. My hairdresser also told me that fish oil can help too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I cannot tell a lie, it was a dream come true!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks! IT was awesome and that is such a fun picture of our band sista-ness!! I am putting it up on my blog too... next time: I'm in for shopping!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. hey so i just wanna say thank u soo much for putting yesterday together...i was very nervous and even contemplated not going as Im very shy but everyone is so nice and im really happy I came...thanks again and i look forward to meeting u again

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kristin- Thank you so much for all of your hard work planning this amazing event for all of us. It was truely phenomenal. I had such a great time, and I can't wait to do it again!!! xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, great report. Sounds like SO much fun. I was too lazy to do the Biotin, but my hairdresser just told me to switch to prenatal vitamins, so I'm doing that, for whatever its worth.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you so much for putting together such a terrific brunch! And for your comments on my blog! It was such an amazing day being with people who you "know but don't know". We have to have a mini one up here in CT. Hope to see you again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  13. So jealous! Sounds like a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  14. So jealous that I couldn't be there! Sounds like you all had so much fun! I'm interested to hear about the biotin answers as I've been looking into taking it (I'm SO over the hair loss).

    And, I love me some DIY/interior design blogs so here are a few that I read:

    http://www.younghouselove.com/

    http://shoppingcandy.blogspot.com/

    http://nelladesigns.blogspot.com/

    http://www.housetweaking.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for commenting on my post about my mom. The Sunday brunch helped me so much and I had an awesome time. Thanks so much for organizing.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sunday was awesome, thanks again for organizing it! <3

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am soooo jealous! So many of you live on the East side of the Country and can meet up more easily. Living on the West Coast, it is just too far to go right now! But hopefully some day....I will be able to make it too?? So glad to hear that ya'll had a great time!

    ReplyDelete