
The only trainer available for my gym session this morning was Amanda the yoga and pilates instructor. So I spent an hour doing yoga. And you guys, that is some hard shit.
No wonder devoted yogis have such lithe, dreamy bodies. There's a lot of lengthening that goes on (zip it with the short jokes, Joey). And great stretching, and pushing of muscles. My hamstrings were sore from Friday's workout, and they got another good workout today.
I've always had terrible balance, so I'm hoping to improve my balance and flexibility with yoga once or twice a week in addition to my other workouts. Question: Do you do yoga, and how have you found it most helpful? Muscle building, flexibility, balance, general well-being...?
I have three gym appointments this week, all early morning. I am so, so not a morning person. Making the 5.30 am wakeup tolerable requires advance planning: I must lay my gym clothes out the night before; I must have my water bottle filled and in the car ready to go; I have to forgo wine the night before; and I absolutely must go to bed by 10 pm.
We had three parties yesterday - a birthday celebration for my nephews, and two Super Bowl shindigs. Would you believe I didn't have any of the double chocolate birthday cake? This is partially because I totally pigged out on the lox and cream cheese. I never would have believed I could enjoy those without a bagel, but guess what? Still good, especially with a little lemon wedge. I was having a hormonal, kind of down day, so I like to think all the omega-3s in the salmon perked me up.

The Super Bowl parties were fun, and I didn't overindulge. Someone brought a delicious app of really good egg salad on an endive leaf. I really love the idea of serving dips with endive leaves rather than crackers or chips. I fully intend to do this more often. Although I guess it wouldn't work with hot dips because the leaf would wilt and then the dip would fall off.
Here's my favorite Super Bowl ad:
i love my yoga. It has deffinatly helped with my balance and omg you have to have strong arms! it deffinatly helps you get nice and lean.
ReplyDeleteI do yoga at least once a week and I totally miss it when I don't get to do it. Some class days are harder then others but it makes me feel good all the way around. You can modify every move to make it work for you and that is a great thing for big people too. Although I when I was at my highest weight I didn't consider doing yoga! Keep it up! Yummy lox and cream cheese. Hot dip works okay with endive but only if you dip and eat. I sometimes do tuna salad in endive. I at pretty well yesterday too. Although I was snacky all day. But I kept track well.
ReplyDeleteThat was my favorite too! Oh, and I loved the Doritos on grandpa's ashes, too funny! I haven't tried yoga yet, but really want to.
ReplyDeleteThat was my fave commercial too!
ReplyDeleteP.S. Before you know it you'll be 4 apples high!
It sounds like you did great with all those parties - salmon is a good thing to overindulge with - Omega 3 and protein. I used to love doing yoga and want to try it again. Great motivation with the early trainer! I find it so much better to work out in the morning. Count me in for the NYC lunch on March 20th. So excited to meet fellow blogger/bandsters :)
ReplyDeleteI loved the Doriotoes commercial where the guy sucked the other guys fingers. So gross and unexpected, but I thought hilarious. Darth Vader was a close second though. I have not tried Yoga yet. I don't think I'm very flexible.
ReplyDeleteI'm too afraid to do yoga in public. I've heard farts escape all the time from everyone and I'd bust a gut laughing and be kicked out I'm sure.
ReplyDeleteI did do yoga and really liked it but you are right it takes a ton of concentration and I think it confirmed my ADD dx. I have to say Kristin i LOVE your new pic in the header... you are just adorable!!!!! Good for you sticking with the gym committment.. it will definitely payoff in bid dividens.. I did this a couple of years ago and I got BUFF baby.. the best my ass ever looked.. hugs
ReplyDeleteWay to go on the gym!! you are doing awesome! I have only done yoga a few times, but I totally agree it is hard!!! I think consistency (which i don't have with yoga) is key. I do love Pilates though and there are many similarities I find...
ReplyDelete