My band is working: Tonight I would have had a pretty big dinner, but after one tiny slice of brie, six olives and half an artichoke I am filled to the brim. And sliming a little, if you must know. (Aren't you glad I told you?)
This band is keeping me from eating too much, for sure. But somehow I've lost the no-interest-in-food thing, and I'd reallllly like to get it back. Now, if you wouldn't mind. Thanks.
It's so odd. There were a couple of brief periods since I got the band that I wasn't very interested in food, didn't think about it, didn't spend much energy on what I'd eat or couldn't eat or would cook for dinner. I was all, Food as fuel: How it's supposed to be.
But that element - a crucial element of the band experience, as far as I'm concerned - is missing now. It's frustrating.
Also frustrating: I am completely on the razor's edge between fat-girl sizes and regular sizes. I'm wearing size 16 pants; sometimes they're snug; they're definitely not baggy. I bought an XL shirt at Gap, and it's snug. I bought a couple XL shirts at Banana Republic and they look good enough to wear now. I got my size 14 bathing suit and it fits. It'll fit a little better in five pounds, but I could wear it today without blinding fellow beachgoers.
This morning I weighed in at 205.8. Not horrible, but not good. And not close to my goal of 199.8 or lower by my birthday on Tuesday.
Hang in there- and check out my email on your 'opt...' email account.
ReplyDeletexo V
I'm in the same place. I feel unsatisfied with food right now. I'm sure it's emotional right now, but I don't like it. And, same with the clothes, OY!
ReplyDeleteHmmm....sounds like your playing a positive/negative balancing game. Your band's wokring physically. Yay! But you're not satisifed with the food. Boo! You're losing. Yay! But not fast enough. Boo! Don't worry...I'm sure it'll all come together soon.
ReplyDeleteI never really had a time where I wasn't interested in food. I did however; refocus my thoughts about it. Took my favorite recopies and figured out a way to revamp them for my new eating habits. I love food and don't really think I can stop! But, I do understand about thinking about food. I have gone through phases where I could really care less that I haven't eaten in five hours to times where I am thinking about my next consumption minutes after finishing a snack or meal!
ReplyDeleteI can't wait to get into regular sizes! I can get reg in shirts and sweaters, just not on the bottom, bummer!
If you find that non-interest-in food please send it my way! I am glas that the band is working and hopefully it will get you in to the regular sizes soon!!!!
ReplyDeleteThat dinner sounds yummy to me!
ReplyDeleteI am ready to be at the non thinking of food stage myself. I think about food, how long since I ate, is it okay to eat now!? All that stuff!
I have never lost my interest in food haha! You must have been lucky :) Don't be discouraged, it's ok to like food still and want to eat, you will learn to live with it, like I have! I sit down for an awesome yummy meal and then get stuck and can't eat and I get quite angry, too! But, I survive...
ReplyDeleteSometimes I am completely disinterested in food and sometimes all I want to do is eat. I don't know what the trick is to go from one to the other.
ReplyDeleteYou ARE very close to your goal. It is hard to be so close to Onderland. I know I was really obsessed with my weight when I was nearly there and when I was almost 100 lbs. down. Something about those milestones.
I've always admired how you have worked the band into your "real life". You still eat the foods you love and you rely on the band to restrict the quantities. I think that is the best way to do it! It may be slower, but I bet you keep it off forever!
Ugh. The "sweet spot" is so elusive. Literally a drop can make the difference, but 2 drops and you are puking your brains out.
ReplyDeleteOooo, I can't wait to shop at the Gap!
ReplyDeleteFollow me:
www.amber-jewelintherough.blogspot.com
Just so you know, you look smaller than 16! I think since the size 14 bathing suit fits you get to call yourself size 14. ;)
ReplyDeleteI am terrified of losing this perfect sweet spot I finally have. I'm thinking yours will come back -- the no interest in food part -- since your restriction is good.