Tuesday, January 25, 2011

38 38 38 38 38

Well, friends, I weighed in this morning at 205.2. So I didn't meet my goal of weighing 199.8 on my 38th birthday. Which didn't upset me as much as you might think, since I've eaten pretty well lately so I know with all confidence that it's not real pounds.

I've had a great birthday; my sister drove up yesterday from Pennsylvania with her newborn to hang out with me. YAY! We got manicures and had lunch at my favorite Mexican restaurant (where I ate a few chips with salsa and half a serving of beans, and boxed the rest up for later). Best time ever.

Which was good, since when I took my first bite of dinner tonight, it became abundantly clear that my band has snapped shut in anticipation of the arrival of my period. (Sorry, Patrick, if you're reading and this is icky to you. Just be glad you're a man.)

Three days from now, I'll be rejoicing at the scale. (I hope.)

21 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday again Hot Stuff! Your day sounds fabulous! Glad you enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday! Glad you had a wonderful time with your sissy, and her baby! It sounds like you are starting off your 39th year with the right attitude! I bet you lose those 6 pounds right after your tom.

    Continued happiness and success!!
    xoxxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday Kristin!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday! It sounds like you had a really nice day with your sister.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad you had a great time! You are a Youngster!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday, Girl. Glad you didn't get bummed about missing your goal because you've come a long way.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mexican and a Baby? That IS the best birthday ever. Two of my favorite things.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad you had a splendid birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy birthday!

    You are so stinking close to Onderland. You'll be there soon!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So glad you had a great birthday. Except for the band problem. It just knew you didn't really need food. My DH's birthday is the 25th too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm so glad you had a great birthday. I think being within 5 pounds of your goal is pretty amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Birthday, you'll be way below 199 at the next birthday... xo

    ReplyDelete
  13. 5 pounds is no big whop. I would never guess that you are 38....although the litter of kids you have might give it away.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey, I nominated you for an award. Come check it out on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy Belated B-day! :) Hope it was great!

    ReplyDelete