Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Getting Ready for New Year's Parties

I jinxed myself with my last post, because my hunger really spiked yesterday. There was some major grazing happening.

This morning I woke up and it was like I'd had a fill - biiiiig difference in how much I can eat, really uncomfortable if I'm not following the Rules o' the Band. That's a good thing.

Things are busy here, we have two couples and their assorted six kids coming for New Year's Eve, and one of the families is staying overnight with us. Then we're having an open house on New Year's day for friends. I don't actually know how many to expect, because people are so bad about responding to invitations. How hard is it to click yes or no on an evite? Grr. I'm making wild guesses about how much food we'll need. I'm not really cooking for Saturday, just ordering sandwiches and bagels, but I'll be making lists and checking things off to make sure we have everything we need.

I'm grateful that we've had such a nice time this year with the holidays. My parents came and stayed with us, my mom and I cooked together, my dad horsed around with the kids, Hubs and my dad watched football together, we iChatted with my siblings and their kids. It was the perfect combination of busy and relaxing.

11 comments:

  1. Sounds like good times. I have a very fickle band too. Have a great time this weekend and Happy New Year!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a lovely Christmas and your New Years will be great too! I know..isn't it crazy how people don't respond to RSVPs. Drives me batty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. sounds like a great X Mas..people suck at RSVPing!! it's so rude! Wish I lived a tad closer I stop by for a mimosa on New Years Day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a great New Years is in the works!! I hate when people won't RSVP - why is that???

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a great holiday! You are so brave to have 2 parties in a row but will be a blast having all your friends around. I am hoping that as I lose I will have more energy to entertain because I love to as well! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy new year! Enjoy the parties!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We are planning a big party on the 15th. I hope people will be kind enough to RSVP me. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Holidays-- got your comment the other day... could you do an afternoon at the Oasis spa in Westchester? That would be fun!
    Let me know... V

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like New Year's will be a blast! Sorry people haven't RSVP'd, though!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like a great holiday, Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Have a wonderful New Year's doll.
    I miss you.

    ReplyDelete