Friday, October 8, 2010

GRATUITOUS PUPPY PHOTOS

I hate to be a whiner, I really do. But today I'm doing it anyway. If you dislike whining, you might want to skip this one.

I. AM. SO. EXHAUSTED. Like, this exhausted:

I haven't showered in two or three days. I have a cold and my head is POUNDING and my throat is sore. The baby is coming off a stomach bug that included vomiting all over her car seat and down-the-leg, through-the-clothes diarrhea, Older son is coming off strep throat, Hubs was traveling all week and I have these two little puppies that I am socializing and training. Wednesday night I had five hours of sleep, and last night I went to bed at 11 pm - after running the puppies around through the day to tire them out - only to have the baby wake up screaming at 3.30 am for an hour and Younger Son come running into my room at 5.50 am covered in blood because he bonked his head and this crazy hemangioma thing he has burst and bled everywhere. He looked like Sissy Spacek in Carrie.

And have you ever tried to reassemble a Britax car seat after washing vomit out of the cover and various pieces of foam and straps? I feel like I should be awarded an engineering degree from MIT after that feat.

I don't even know what I've eaten, it's been leftovers mostly. I had a bunch of tikka masala sauce left, so I put it over cannelloni beans and quinoa - totally delicious, high-protein and good fiber. That almost negates the cream in the tikka masala sauce, right?

Yesterday the scale was down to 205.4 but this morning it's up to 206 again, so I'm holding steady. The puppies leave Sunday at 4 pm. They are so, so sweet but oh my god they are a lot of work. And I'm running out of newspaper... SEND HELP.








12 comments:

  1. Oh girl, I'm so sorry you aren't feeling well and it sounds like you've been dealing with mountainloads of issues! Hope this weekend gets you fully rested and back to normal! the pups are dang cute though! xo,js

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a rough few days. I've got some weird cold/flu thing too and it sucks. I hope all of you feel better soon.
    Yes, I have washed the cover of and reassembled a Britax car seat - you get to buy yourself something nice when you're done. :)
    xoxoLinda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww...sweetie! I wish I lived closer so I could help out!

    I don't know what a Britax car seat is, but I'm glad I don't have one! Good for you for figuring it out without killing anyone!

    Feel better! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG - can I just say that while I know you are exhausted - even so - you're super cute. I wish I could come over - I'd do it all just so you could nap. I'd even cook you chicken noodle soup instead of leftovers. Hang on honey - I hope your hubby can rescue you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pack everyone up and come to my house.. bring the pups.. you need a hot bath, a hot toddy and a soft bed to recoup.. the offer is there sweetie.. we have dogs.. so what's two more!!
    hugs to you..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hang in there! Sounds like you have your hands full.

    BTW- your house is beautiful!

    Feel better!
    A

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope you get a break soon! The puppies are adorable, at least!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh you poor thing..Hope you feel better..your life is pretty entertaining..have you thought about a reality show or writing a book??

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sorry you're feeling like crap my little buttercup.
    I'm exhausted simply having read your post.
    Hope you're feeling better soon...and the munchkins too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh you poor thing! I so remember those days but I wasn't socializing puppies at the same time! You look exhausted...feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  11. i hope you snap out of the sick soon. It is tough to have to keep all the balls in the air when you feel like crawling into bed and hibernating. I'm sending you good wishes and wellness vibes. *Maria*-Blogger from "This one time at BAND Camp..."

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good lord! I think you get "Mommy of the Year" award! I have 5 kids and I remember days like that. It is very difficult to have any time to yourself. Hope things get better for you!

    ReplyDelete