Last night I was able to have some chicken broth and a couple ounces of ice water. This morning I was so thirsty, my stomach was growling. I had two sips of juice and then tried a few bites of very thin soup.
No dice.
I'm furious with my doctor - I called yesterday and spoke to someone who kind of blew me off, told me to just take little sips. When I called again in the afternoon to say I was throwing up saliva, the woman said, "I can have him call you, but he's not going to tell you anything different." I said to please have him call me. No call. Last night I had him paged at 8 pm and asked for him to call me back. No call.
I called this morning and he's operating right now. I told the woman I need to see him this afternoon, I can't keep liquids down. She said she'd check with him and let me know.
I have to take my son to the pediatrician to check his wheezing, and I cannot keep running to the bathroom or they're going to think I have an eating disorder.
I have so many errands to run to get ready for a party we're having tomorrow. We have one party a year for our friends, and this is it. It's casual, we order pizza and chicken fingers from a pizza place, but it's big - we have more than 90 people coming tomorrow. I don't have time to be kneeling over the toilet gagging.
I'm angry enough with my surgeon to leave the practice, but there aren't a lot of other people who do this around here. I did call another practice to see if they take post-op patients for aftercare. They said yes but the PA who does all the fills is on vacation and I'd like to talk to her before I start getting records together.
On the upside, I lost three pounds overnight. I can't even get excited about it because I know it's from being dehydrated and because of the misery I've gone through to lose them.
**UPDATE**
Going to have some fluid removed at 1.30 pm. The receptionist told me in the meantime to just take tiny sips. Ha! There's nothing going in at this point, it's all going out. From a few sips of soup 90 minutes ago. Ridiculous.
Damn your doctor. This is ridiculous and dangerous. I hope you get in to see them soon.
ReplyDeleteDo you think maybe sucking on ice cubes would work? I just worry about you being too dehydrated.
I'm am furious for you. When you can't swallow your own saliva - I'd say that's a pretty big emergency. What is wrong with people? I am so sorry Kirsten - hang in there till 1:30 and keep us posted.
ReplyDelete(((Hugs)))
Yeah, let us know. I hope you feel better, that totally sucks!
ReplyDeleteThat is just so stupid!! It doesn't even make sense. If you can't get any liquids down my doc considers that an emergency. Heck when I could keep clear liquids down, but not thicker liquids my doc did an unfill between surgeries. He is afraid that I won't call him so he stresses it everytime that he will make time or find someone to do an unfill if I need it.
ReplyDeleteI hope your unfill goes well and honestly I would really consider trying a different office. Just the fact that you were so concerned should have made them call you back.
That is awful. Glad that you got your unfill sorted out, hope that you get some relief now.
ReplyDeleteI would be looking elsewhere too.
Oh no. You poor thing. And I hope you give your doc a piece of your mind. Idiot. If you could take small enough sips to not vomit, don't you think you'd be doing it??? Duh.
ReplyDeleteHang in there! I hope for immediate relief for you!
That is ridiculous.. YOu better go in there and go apeshit on your dr. b/c that's no way to treat their patients!
ReplyDeleteHope it helps sweet thing.
Oh Kristin,
ReplyDeleteI am so sorry this is happening to you. And really angry with your surgeon. This is nothing to fool around with (as I well know!), can't believe the attitude you are getting from both him and his office.
Please keep us in the loop.
I would so be giving that doctore the rouch side of my tounge! Thank goodness you are getting an unfill and don't leave until you can swallow and keep it down!!
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you are getting an unfill K. I was where you are last month and man, did it suck! I lost 7 lbs in a week but it was not the way to lose! I gained it all back when I was able to drink again so it was a waste of weight loss!
ReplyDeleteI'm worried about you, sweetness! Update when you can.
ReplyDeleteOh geez! Your doctor's office is so infuriating and with so much going on in your life, it sounds like the absolute last thing you need. Hang in there!
ReplyDeleteI hope everything goes well and am furious on your behalf.
ReplyDeleteGod - what the hell? I want to strangle your doc. I'll be thinking of you - please update when you can.
ReplyDeleteYour doc is an ass and I'm so pissed off just from reading this post.
ReplyDeleteI pray things went ok at your unfill.