Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Fashion Show ~HELP NEEDED~

Don't get me wrong, I don't need a tutorial on the mechanics of shopping. But after years and years of having such limited choices, I am overwhelmed anytime I try to buy new clothes. There are so many things out there, and I have no idea what to wear.

I have a few events this fall: my sister's baby shower on Saturday, Chicago and an October wedding in northern California. I don't really have anything for any of these occasions, although if I dig deep in my closet maybe I could find something.

In the meantime, here's what I picked up today. I fully intend to return some of it tomorrow, so please be honest in your assessments.

First, a jacket/shirt combo from White House/Black Market. I like the jacket, but can't decide which shirt looks best. The pants need to be hemmed, so disregard the extra 10 inches of fabric hanging at the bottom. Also, I think the Holy Spirit was paying a visit to my closet, based on the blinding light illuminating my saddle bags. Sorry about that.

Horizontal sparkles


Plain


Neckline sparkles


I also found this shirt at Lord & Taylor, which would be fun for a going-to-dinner night.


Unless, of course, it looks like I should be wielding a sword and shouting, "Ahoy matey!"


What do you think? Let me know.

I still don't have anything for the shower or the wedding, so I'm going back for more tomorrow. I can return the undesirables then.

23 comments:

  1. Like one of the sparkle shirts over the plain shirt. Really like the pirate shirt! I think flowy might be better on you than clean line/structured things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loves me some Pirate shirt! I like the neck sparkles shirt best. Nice work there, hoser!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the pirate shirt.. it's very flattering on you!!
    Also, I'd go with the jacket over the plain shirt and then add some bling on your neckline!
    You look great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Also LOVE the pirate shirt... but I also really like pirates! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE the pirate shirt! And I vote for the neckline sparkles shirt too.

    Pretty clothes. I share your pain with regards to knowing what to buy. But I think you did good. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the sweater over the plain shirt (picture#2). I love the pirate shirt - it works for you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. you are just to cute!! I like #2 that Jacket is gorgeous!! And I love the pirate shirt as well!! PS Can I have your closet?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cute! I like them all. Sorry I'm no help!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm a sucker for billowey pirate shirts! Love that.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I vote for sparkly neckline shirt! Although honestly, love it all!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the pirate shirt on you!! I think I'd go with the shirt with the neckline sparkles.

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOVE LOVE the white pirate shirt. Super cute on you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cute, cute, cute! I'd choose the plain top under the jacket--the jacket has such pretty embellishment; I don't think you want to take away from that.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Go with #2 -- plain shirt with sparkly jacket - love. But the pirate shirt is great too - white on top, black on the bottom is always a winner.

    But...what about a black skirt with one or the other top with some seriously high heels?

    You look great!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I like the white shirt!!! Not the jacket so much!!! You do look great though!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I like the white shirt. It looks great with black pants and you will also be able to rock it out with jeans and heels.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I agree with Jen - A nice pencil type skirt would look great!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gave you an award on my blog - http://candylandtobandland.blogspot.com/2010/09/award-time.html

    ReplyDelete
  19. i love love love the pirate shirt! can i be your wench? lol
    and i like the jacket over the plain shirt :-)

    can i come live in your closet???

    ReplyDelete
  20. You look great! I sent you a little award over on my page. I am having serious closet envy btw.

    ReplyDelete