We're at the beach in Ocean City, New Jersey with my parents, siblings and assorted spouses and kids.
Here's the view from the family room of our (rented) house:
Beautiful, right? Notice how far the dunes stretch? Now just imagine trying to herd seven children ranging in age from four weeks to eight years, beach toys, boogie boards, towels, umbrellas, coolers and chairs alllllll the way through those dunes to get to the ocean. Where we then have to stand in the water to make sure the children don't drown. It's super relaxing. And luxurious! We've even experienced nature, in the form of overly aggressive seagulls stealing my niece's grilled cheese out of her hands yesterday.But it's been fun. And funny too.
Around 11 o'clock last night, my brother-in-law, who almost never drinks unless he is peer-pressured into it by my brother, was sitting in front of the toilet waiting to throw up while my very very pregnant sister stood with him, alternately consoling him and laughing at him.
I was standing in the doorway of the bathroom, convulsed with laughter at the whole scene when we heard a thump. I walked into the boys' room to find my 5-year-old (the one who is always having some crisis or another when we're away from home) had fallen face-first out of bed onto a pile of Legos. There was a lot of blood, and this morning he looks like he was mauled by a bear.
The good news is, my daughter loves the beach! So much that I'm starting to wonder how much sand a baby can eat before I need to start worrying about a blockage or something.
My band is on the looser side here but I'm walking on the boardwalk every day and so busy that I'll be surprised if I gain.
Finally, is anyone else's hair still falling out? I took this picture yesterday and my forehead is getting alarmingly big.
You crack me up! Sounds fun....in a very stressful sort of way!
ReplyDeleteMy hair has stopped falling out. And the answer to how much sand can one baby eat without anything bad happening: quite a bit.
ReplyDeleteYour poor son! Ouch!
ReplyDeleteI even kind of feel sorry for your BIL.
My hair is still falling out.
Your adventures sound fun :) yes tomorrow, is one year since surgery and my hair is still falling out
ReplyDeleteMy hair is still falling out as well!! And OMG, your trip definitely sounds like a fun and crazy adventure!!!
ReplyDeleteOh my gosh your trip sounds like a hoot. All of it made me laugh except for the legos and the blood.
ReplyDeleteFirst of all, your forehead does NOT look alarmingly big and secondly, I too have suffered some hair loss...but I keep mine "boy short" so it's not very noticeable.
Have a great week...I wish we could have hooked up...I'm only about an hour from O.C.
Have fun at the Jersey Shore...Fist Pump!!
ReplyDeleteHair falling out although I believe the pace has slowed since adding biotin. I have a hard time getting my daughter in and out of the pool in our own backyard! I just don't know how you do it! Super Mom!!
ReplyDeleteHair still falling out here! Your poor BIL! And poor son! Keep smiling and cherish all these memories.
ReplyDeleteI have so many great beach vacation memories involving my Dad and Brother-in-law and I am so thankful that we had those crazy times!
My hair has never started falling out.. I guess I am lucky!
ReplyDeleteLove that you are having a great time!
ReplyDeleteMY hair is still coming out too, band sista. It could be hormonal-- and as far as dr. ren was concerned, it was calorie restriction and your body adjusting more than anything else.
ReplyDeleteWhat I notice in that picture is how much thinner your face looks.
Awesome!
I grew up going to OC, NJ every year and let me tell you - those seagulls are brutal! I had one steal a piece of chicken right from my hand when I was 6, so scary!
ReplyDeleteI hope your son feels better, that sounds terrible! <3