Today I have pain in my port area. It doesn't hurt if I touch or palpate it, but it hurts when I'm walking, sitting, etc, and only in that area.
Anyone ever have this? Do I need to do something about it? My surgery was Jan. 4 and I haven't had any port pain at all in months, this just popped up this morning. I didn't do any strenuous exercise.
What say you, bloggers?
Every now and again, I get a little achy in the portal region. I always immediately assume I have a raging port infection and vow to keep a close eye on the pain, and then I promptly forget all about it as soon as something shiny goes by.
ReplyDeleteThat is odd. Considering that I didn't really know where my port was for like 2 months, I haven't had any pain there since right after surgery. I think it would be worth a phone call to your doc or nurse. Hope it's better soon.
ReplyDeleteHope you feel better, maybe call tomorrow if the pain is still there?
ReplyDeleteI agree with everyone else. I have had days when my port was tender or even sorta protruding---and then gone the next day. If you still have it tomorrow call first thing in the morning --because of course it is a holiday weekend and no one will be around.
ReplyDeleteGood Luck!!
Dude. Talk to your doc about it. My port was really super sore after surgery, and everyone said that it was pretty much normal. Well guess what? I think I ripped the stitches out that connect it to my abs because my port protrudes terribly now. It aches sometimes, but I figure it's just because it's detached. See what I'm talking about? http://www.phoenixrevolution.net/archives/248
ReplyDeleteDon't take chances -- talk to your doc if it still hurts tomorrow.
Christine
www.phoenixrevolution.net
No port pain since a month after surgery unless the cat steps on it. I've been doing lots of situps too and still don't feel the port. Maybe it shifted a bit in the muscle so give your doc a call if they are close by.
ReplyDeletei'm like gilly....i get a weird pain and freak out that it flipped or ripped or something so i...oh did you see that bunny??
ReplyDeleteFor some reason I got some port pain like 3 weeks ago doing yoga and it's been off and on. Of course I've been paranoid that it's infected but it's been OK now. I think I tweaked the muscle.
ReplyDeleteI had pain that was what I would classify as severe but that was from day 9 post-op through day 30. Since then it hasn't come back. Call your surgeon's office and see what they say...just to be safe.
ReplyDeleteI had several days of port pain at a couple of months post-op. My doc's office didn't seem to concerned (they gave me an appointment a week out) and I slept with a Therma-Care heat thingy on it and was fine in a couple of days.
ReplyDeleteI don't think I've ever really had any pain, I would call the dr. if it concerns you. It is Friday and a holiday weekend so you know they won't be open.
ReplyDeleteFeel better!
I get the occasional pain too. My doc checked it out and said it was normal. It does hurt if I rub it, though. Now I'm freaking myself out.
ReplyDeleteI still get an occasional twinge too. I actually feel better reading everyone's comments to your question. Thanks!
ReplyDelete