
So I finally got around to taking a zumba class today. I can't dance for shit so I checked with the instructor ahead of time because it was held at a dance studio. She assured me I didn't need experience, and she was right. So were all of you guys: It was SO MUCH FUN. Small class, just five of us and the instructor. I loved it, I really did enjoy it enough that I didn't feel like I was working too hard. My right foot and right knee felt it, though, so I'll have to be careful. But I will definitely go back.
I am (mostly) over my snit about the tight band and PB yesterday. Thanks for the sympathy and compassion. I had a Zone bar for breakfast and some soup for lunch and all is going down fine. I'm having an artichoke tonight, come hell or high water, so I'm being really careful before then. We're supposed to be having Chinese at my mother-in-law's house tonight because some cousins are visiting from Houston, but I'm planning to have a little soup and wait till I get home to enjoy my delectable artichoke.

I just finished a great book, The New York Regional Mormon Singles Halloween Dance by Elna Baker. It's a memoir by a formerly fat Mormon girl who's trying to launch a performing career and find the love of her life while remaining a virgin in New York City. It was great, partly because I moved to New York after losing a boatload of weight and some of our experiences were similar (minus the preserving virginity part). The books spends a lot of time talking about how Elna's life changed as she lost weight, how the world treated her differently and changed the way she saw other people. Anyway, I totally enjoyed it and wanted to pass it on.
AHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!! You did zumba!!! I am so proud of you!! I'm going to a class at 5:30 today! I wish you could come with! My instructor is hilarious!
ReplyDeleteI signed up for an unlimited 30 day trial of Zumba that I need to use before October. I did one Zumba class at my gym a few months back and quite honestly hated it...but the instructor was awful and I've been told that the instructor has a lot to do with enjoying yourself in the class.
ReplyDeleteI'll have to check out that book! I love finding new reads!
Yay! another Zumba lover!!! I'm honestly a little obsessed with it, but I LOVE.LOVE.LOVE. my 2 instructors that I go to. They are delicious latin men... and have the most ridiculous energy!! I sweat like a beast but again, love it!!! I'll check out that book! I need a good read for my trip!
ReplyDeleteI love artichoke. How do you prepare it? I steam or boil it and serve it with lemon juice and melted butter. My fella eats it with mayonaise - yuck! (I'm sorry if you also eat it with mayo. I've actually never tried it that way, but it looks gross. It probably tastes wonderful.)
ReplyDeleteI'm still scared of Zumba, I think I'm going to get a video and try at home first. I'm glad you liked it and glad you're feeling better.
ReplyDeleteYay for doing Zumba! I'm going to get there one day :0) I feel like it's going to be 50billion times more fun than just going to the gym!
ReplyDeleteMight have to pick up that book for vacation!
Congratulations on the Zumba class. Glad you enjoyed it. I think you should get your butt in the city and do boot camp with me. I'm so scared for tonight!!! xoxo
ReplyDeleteI gotta find one of these classes.. everyone has tried it.. ok.. I am a lemming.. where's the cliff?
ReplyDeleteCan't wait to try zumba and thanks for the book recommendation. I've added it to my never-ending list!
ReplyDeleteyay Zoooombba! I love it too - I need to go back. Maybe we should find a zumba instructor in Chicago. How fun would it be for all of us to do at one time?
ReplyDeletelike tessie i am afraid to try it! ol
ReplyDeleteand yes to jen's group zumba class!!
that book sounds interesting, i'll have to check it out
I love that you enjoyed your Zumba class! I have only been going for a few weeks and I can already feel the change in my thighs and butt. It is a serious workout but you don't really feel it while its happening!!
ReplyDeleteI'm 6 lbs away from my first Zumba class with my hubby. I swore that I would start going once I hit onederland (199).
ReplyDeleteSo happy you didn't hate it.
I'm too chicken to do Zumba....but so happy you did. My Kristin is a ZUMBAloon along with all the other bloggers now. I feel so left out - lol.
ReplyDeleteI'm with Barbara-- MUST.FIND.ZUMBA.
ReplyDeleteRunning off now to seek out a class!
I've been wanting to take a zumba class! And thanks for the book pick. I was actually planning to go to the bookstore and pick up some lit-er-a-ture for this weekend. I shall write this down and check it out!
ReplyDelete(FYI, I've got a clothing giveaway on my blog if you're interested.)
Christine
www.phoenixrevolution.net
Hey Band Sista-- thanks for your support. Today my weight is down, I hope you will see similar progress today as well, but if not: keep trucking. This is and will come together. Seems like there is some 6 months stall phenomenon that I'm hearing about-- so we could be in that zone and we will get past it too!!
ReplyDelete