Well, if this is the sweet spot then I am loving it.
The difference between being overfilled and being in my sweet spot is like night and day. When I was overfilled, I couldn't stop thinking about food, worrying about what I could eat, feeling frustrated and bitter that I couldn't have what I wanted because I'd throw it up, be uncomfortable, etc.
Since I had a little unfill on Tuesday, it's as if the thoughts of food have been wiped from my mind. It's not that I *never* think about it, but it really is just like a breath of fresh air. I feel like a slate has been wiped clean. My hunger has been minimal, and my meals (as long as I take them slowly and chew well) have been satisfying and pleasurable. And the scale starting moving - down - again.
This morning the scale showed that I've sustained the losses of the last few days, which was a nice surprise. I had expected a bounce.
I did have a head hunger/stress eating episode today, but my band prevented me from doing any real damage, pulling in the reins so I couldn't eat many calories. I don't feel guilty about it, I'm not castigating myself over my weakness and failure, etc, as I usually do. It happened, I really need to work on finding another way to handle stress, but no major harm was done.
I'm really going to have to drink A LOT of water tomorrow and Saturday; we have a rehearsal dinner on Friday night and wedding reception on Saturday night -- not ideal conditions for going into the final weigh-in of the Bathing Suit Challenge. I know Joey and Gilly have a lock on the winning spot, but I want to have a good showing!
I know the sweet spot can be as elusive as a unicorn, so I am going to enjoy it as long as I have it.
Finally, some of my comments on your blogs have been disappearing. No idea why. But if I usually comment and haven't been, you can assume that I wrote something incredibly thoughtful and insightful and upbeat about your latest post, and it just got lost in a cyberspace black hole. ;)
my your spot be forever sweet. XOXO
ReplyDeleteGlad it's all working out for ya. :) And I gave up my pipe dreams of winning that challenge a looooong time ago. But it was super fun trash talking! I loves me some trash talk, yes i does!
ReplyDeleteWow...the elusive sweet spot...can I be happy for you and jealous at the same time???
ReplyDeleteSeriously...I'm so happy for you and hope it stays forever.
That's great, ..That *way to tight* feeling must have been awful to deal with.. :(
ReplyDeleteI hope this unicorn that you've roped in ..sticks around for a while! :0)
I'm so glad you're in a good place with your band. I totally understand about the stress eating thing - I had a crap day and on the way home I ate my snacks I didn't eat at work. I felt bad after but it was just a 50 calorie cheese cube & 100 calorie Special K bar. I love that I can't do so much damage with the band.
ReplyDeleteso excited for you xo
ReplyDeleteYay the sweet spot! Enjoy it!!!
ReplyDeleteI am soooo thrilled you have finally got some great restriction. You have waited so long and its finally come.. whooooo
ReplyDeleteYEAH! I can so relate, and I really want an unfill I think, but alas, it's not meant to be right now!
ReplyDeleteHappy Sweet Spot!
Hope the sweet spot stays and have fun this weekend :-)
ReplyDeleteHi! Just found your blog and am following you now. Hope you enjoy your sweet spot and have a great time at the wedding!
ReplyDeleteGreat news...I think I am weighing heavier than last week in the MDBSC thanks to my (.)
ReplyDelete