So tomorrow marks three weeks since my fill, the one that put me over the top and severely limited what I could eat. I have generally been excellent about this - not a single lick of ice cream or milkshakes or other potentially damaging band foods. I've stuck to the good stuff. Except for the Key Lime pie in Florida.
This evening I went back to my little spreadsheet to see how much weight I've lost since that momentous fill: Six and a half pounds. In three weeks. Now, I know the whole 'two pounds a week is really awesome' argument, and I know we're not in this to lose weight fast. But frankly I've kind of felt like I'm sacrificing a little over these three weeks, and the least that could happen is some serious weight loss.
Things are loosening up a little, though. I had two poached eggs for dinner and a couple pieces of very crispy bacon.
Big NSV: Two different people commented on my weight loss today. Someone mentioned they started getting comments after losing 40 pounds, and sure enough that's when people seem to be noticing on me.
Small NSV: I bought new running shoes today, my first pair of real running shoes in ages. The guy who fitted me was so awesome I could have kissed him - he made me jog on the treadmill and videotaped my feet to check my stride, studied my arches and checked the width. I've never had such a thorough fitting for a shoe. The sales guy, a total hipster who commutes from Brooklyn, could not have been nicer. LOVE HIM.
You are losing..that is the most important thing, you will get there. I get my running shows fit the same way and I can really tell a difference.
ReplyDeleteI'm sure you have been sacrificing these past weeks being that tight is no fun. 6 pounds is great, but I understand. It could be that maybe you didn't get enough calories and your body held on to that fat for dear life. Who knows? I refuse to try to understand what gives me a good week vs. bad weight loss wise.
ReplyDeleteHopefully loosening up will give you a better balance.
The shoes sound cool!
I think 6lbs is great! I wish I could lose 6lbs in three weeks... My weight loss is sooo freaking slow! That's awesome about the NSV and the shoes!!! I bet you'll end up loving those shoes!!!
ReplyDeleteI'll join in on the pouting. Having a rough night here and want ice cream badly. Good thing my house is pretty snack-free. :) 6 lbs in 3 weeks is good, but I know exactly what you mean.
ReplyDeleteYEAH for the running shoes...have fun running!
I know it's hard not to want a bigger loss, but there are a lot of people who would love to average 2 lbs a week. And once you start using those nifty running shoes, the weight should come off faster. That sales guy sounds freaking awesome. I can barely get a shoe salesperson to come over when I go in an athletic store. Maybe he was checking out more than your shoes when you were running on that treadmill. :-)
ReplyDelete6lbs is awesome!!
ReplyDeleteI need to get fit for running shoes like that. How cool!
Good for you on the running shoes. I'm planning to do that when I'm in Arizona with my mom. Which ones did you end up with? In terms of the weight loss...I've heard that when people are overfilled their weight can stall because they aren't getting enough calories and nutrition. So maybe the fact that you lost the 2+ pounds a week is a blessing. I know it's hard to think of it like that, but you worked especially hard with the band over these last three weeks and I think you should be proud of your 6! xoxo
ReplyDelete6lbs is amazing... You are doing great. I know how it is to alwasy want more more more weight loss but as Jen said when people are oveerfilled they usually stall or gain or eat high calorie slider foods...
ReplyDeletePlease please don't feel bad about 6 pounds in 3 weeks because I am only a month out from surgery and spent two of those weeks on liquids and only lost 10 pounds. So I will cry if you continue to believe that 6 pounds is 'not enough'.
ReplyDelete