First things first: I LOST WEIGHT ON VACATION. At least 2 1/2 pounds from last Saturday's weight, and I'm hoping it's a little more because I think I'm retaining water from flying today.
Second, I deserved to lose weight on vacation. I ate really well -- fish almost every night, very little snacking, some swimming and walking, careful to make good choices. I got really, really stuck once in the morning but otherwise had no big problems other than when I inhaled a sip of wine rather than swallowing it. This was at a restaurant, and my mom almost died because she thought I was going to throw up my dinner. I was coughing and choking and laughing, trying to tell her it just went down the wrong pipe and nothing was coming back up.
Third, I did not diet. My portions were small out of necessity; I had to stop or I would have gotten sick. I had a small(ish) slice of Key Lime pie five of the nights we were there and a glass of wine almost every night with dinner. Still lost weight.
Fourth, papaya enzymes are incredibly helpful in breaking up food that is taking its time going down. I had a couple of very minor episodes when I took a bite too quickly or didn't quite chew enough, and felt better within a couple minutes of taking the chewable minty-fresh papaya pills. I was skeptical when I first heard about them, but I'm a believer now.
I have more to write about but I'm short on time now. I have a lot of blogs to catch up on so I'll try to do that over the next few days and see how everyone is doing. xoxo
Wow - that is AWESOME!!! That's my band-utopia! :-)
ReplyDeleteGood for you! We love when people leave some of themselves here in our state. It makes people want to keep coming back!
ReplyDeleteI have heard a lot of good about Papaya Enzymes and bought some but so far...knock wood, I haven't had to use them.
Vacation loss is awesome - especially if you enjoyed yourself.
ReplyDeleteThat is amazing. That means you took it easy on the cocktails too! Good girl.
ReplyDeleteLoosing weight on vacation...what a concept.
ReplyDeleteThat's fantastic and a wonderful end to a wonderful week. You rock.
YAY Kristin!!
ReplyDeleteHave you seen all the Chicago stuff? I hope hope hope you can go.