Tuesday, March 23, 2010

MWAH! MWAH! MWAH! **THANK YOU, AMY!**


Kisses to all my blogger friends. (This is what I do to amuse myself while my son is at swim practice. I know, my head is huge. Can't do anything about it.) But especially, kisses to Amy in the Land of Cheese and Sunkist! I got the bathing suit, it's totally gorg and I can't wait to wear it. I'm not sure I'll ever get the nerve to post swimsuit pictures of myself, but I promise to think of you every time I wear it. Thank you!!

WE HAVE INTERNET ACCESS!!!!!! Also, my mom's health issues appear to be somewhat serious but manageable (not cancer, at least as far as we know). She had bladder cancer about 16 years ago, so I think we're always a little on edge about her. Which is ironic since she's the vegetarian/exerciser/healthy living guru in the family, and always has been.

I really wish my band would be tightest on the days I am hungriest. Wouldn't that be nice? And so efficient! Nooooo, though, that's not how it's going here. Today was a big eating day. I ate more bread (flatbread and then pita triangles) than I have in one day in ages. The scale was up two pounds and my fingers were swollen. One of those days. I'm trying to track all this on my daily weigh-in spreadsheet to spot trends. I'll let you know if I find any.

Like I may have mentioned, I'm ready for a fill. We're going to a dinner party on Saturday and then Passover at my in-laws' house on Monday, so I'm hoping I can hold steady.

Jennifer, I got fitted today for my Dynasplint. I'll let you know how it goes, but my foot is already better after two acupuncture sessions. I was skeptical about acupuncture, but I've been in pain since August so I gave it a try. Much to my surprise, it seems to be helping.

Here's hoping for a better eating day tomorrow.

In this picture, I realized my glasses are crooked.


So I took them off. Now I look like I have a lazy eye. Ford Models, see what you're missing?

9 comments:

  1. Kristin .. You are as cute as they come.. I loved seeing these pixs.. and don't worry that fill is on its way next week.. it's coming.. hope you mom is OK.. I know everytime my parents get a health scare I get in panic mode (they are still quite young .. my mom had me at 19).. I am sure it wasn't easy but I appreciate the closeness we now have. Before you know it you will be wearing that new swim suit!! be well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol You look gorgeous with or without glasses. Beautiful smile too!

    Great news about your mum. And you're right - our bands would be so much more efficient if they worked hard when we are at our hungriest.. in a perfect world meh!

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO adorable! I love how we're all wanting to "meet" each other!

    My mother had a similar experience with acupuncture, where she was a non-believer, and now, she believes!!

    Also, I swear, when I saw the beginning of this post that you were going to have included pictures of your hair-free va-jay jay! Phew!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute pictures! I am glad to hear about your mom. I am glad that your foot is feeling a little better already, I am sure the splint will help, let me know if you have any questions I can answer. Here is hoping your fill comes soon, I get a little top off on Thur. I can't wait!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so glad that your mom is doing better. My brother went to the ER yesterday with pain in his side. He was admitted and they found out he had a blood clot near his lung. He went to Vegas a week before so they said that's probably what caused it. Anyway, he's home today and has shots to take, but doing much better. It's scary how crap can hit out of the blue. Guess we need to live each day to it's fullest. Love you pix.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looking Skinny!! I see collar bones and I am jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look great!! So cute!! I'm clearly out of the loop about your mom - glad to hear she's Ok..
    Band tightness on hungry days would be ideal, wouldn't it??

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look great...what is a dynasplint???? Glad your mum is manageable....it is always scary when our parents get ill. Keep up the good work

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sorry I haven't been around to comment much... thanks for all the support on my blog, you are the greatest and your face is looking great. I think you look slimmer!!
    We're on the way.
    We'll keep going right?

    ReplyDelete