Friday, February 26, 2010

Snow Day! (Sound Familiar?)

First of all, thanks for all your comments yesterday. They really do help me believe that this thing will work, at some point. You guys are the best. I was telling my husband today that I don't know what I would do if I didn't have all of your advice and experiences to guide me through this.

As for the eating (drinking), so far so good. I made pancakes for everyone this morning - the boys were begging - but I really wasn't tempted by them. I had some yogurt because I need something in my stomach for the anti-inflammatories I'm taking for my foot and for the antibiotic I'm taking for the sinus infection.

Secondly, we're doing another snow day and this time it's serious! We have *way* more snow than we did during the last storm. I'll try to take a picture at some point and post it.

We're planning to get the kids all set up in their snow gear and hike over to Grandma's house, mostly to get us all some exercise and a break. I'll try putting the baby in my Bjorn. We'll see how that goes...

**UPDATE** I took my pills with a few sips of water and within 10 minutes was leaning over the toilet. Oddly, some stuff came up but the gagging seemed to dislodge the meds and they went down. Not pleasant, but I'm grateful the medicine is in my system and I don't have to start over with the pills.

So I guess that was my first PB? With pills. Ewww. Should have been something worthwhile, like pizza!

6 comments:

  1. good luck out there. Do you live in the city? We are in queens ( sunnyside ) and it is crazy out there, dont know if I wil step foot outside today. Stay safe and warm if you venture out

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Carla, we're in CT so it was just a matter of tromping through our back yard, a kind neighbor's back yard and Grandma's back yard to get to her house. Kind of fun, actually.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL...yep, pizza would have tasted better cominng up! Feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry about the PB, yuck. I split my pills with a handy little pill splitter I bought at Walgreen's, it helps. Have fun in the snow, it's cold here too. Where is spring??

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yikes on the PB front.. I am fearful of my first significant slimming event.. glad you got your meds in.. that's important.. you don't want to play around with the sinus infection.. My DH went on two rounds of Zpak to keflex to Augmentin to kill his sinus infection.. Your boys must love this weather.. and when I read pancakes.. yum.. it has been a long time since I have had them.. even preband.. Stay warm.. glad you are hanging in there.. I promise you everything will come together soon..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow....you must be tight??? I have been so tight since my second fill too....enjoy the snow

    ReplyDelete