Friday, February 12, 2010

THIRTY (30) POUNDS!

FINALLY! The fill (and post-fill liquid diet) put me over the edge and I dropped the half pound I've been holding onto for the last 11 days. So 30 pounds down since my first surgical consult in October, and 17 pounds down since my surgery on Jan. 4th. YAY!!

On the band front, so far the fill is fine but it's hard to tell since I'm only on liquids. The real test will be Sunday when I go back to solids.

I have to take my baby for her 9-month checkup this morning, which means: shots. I swear they're worse for me than they are for her, though you'd never know it to hear her scream. The worst part is when she looks at me like, "How could you let them do this to me?" Such a sense of betrayal.

I realize that sounds dramatic, and before I had kids when I heard people say things like that I thought they were completely ridiculous. Now I am that ridiculous person.

Have a great weekend and Happy Valentine's Day to the Sisterhood! I heart you all.

10 comments:

  1. Wow I did not realize you had a 9 month old baby! I'm jealous!

    The fill is the answer! Hope it keeps working for you. Thirty pounds is GREAT !!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WoW!!! 30 is a great number! Way to go. Try giving your munchkin some Tylenol before the shots. It help with the pain and keeps them from spiking a fever and getting fussy. Shots SUCK!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know how you feel. Last year my daughter had an accident in gym class and got a cut over her eye. She had to get stitches and before the stitches she had to get shots around the eye to numb the area. I had to have my husband go with her to the ER. I just couldn't do it. He is so good at staying calm in the moment, but afterwards when they got home and Meg went to bed he cried over the experience. He said she was hysterical. I know I just would have made it worse if I went because I would have been crying too and that wouldn't have helped Meg at all. Hopefully you don't think I'm a bad Mom. I took great care of her afterwards.

    Great job on the 30 lb loss. You are doing so great. Makes me hopeful for when my time comes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW!!! 30 pounds is AMAZING!!!
    You are rocking this band for sure-- I hope you are so proud of yourself.
    As for hunger-- I kind of advanced my diet along as I found that the swallowing was going OK.
    Definitely MUCH less hungry than pre-fill.
    Warning: I got really bad gas pains today from raw cantaloup-- I am not sure whether it has something to do with the band. I chewed it up like crazy so hmmm.

    I'll bet you'll be feeling fuller when you can go on to more solids.
    It's coming!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on 30lbs....and hope the shots go ok

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ouch! I remember the vaccination part with a baby all too well... how I almost cried while they were having it done - and having to hold them against me while getting it done sucked! We have to remember it's for their own good (easier said than done.)
    Huge congrats on your 30 pound loss. Kristin you are doing so well - you're a great bandster!!! Have a lovely weekend. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kristin. you are really rockin this band .. 30 lbs is awesome.. so happy to read about your success.. give your baby a hug for all of us.. I love that age.. so loving.. and then they grow up and ask you for money..

    ReplyDelete