I think I may have a stomach bug. Yesterday and today I am EXHAUSTED, way more than normal. I could just sleep and sleep and sleep. I've been nauseated on and off. I also feel on the verge of tears.
My visit with the surgeon was fine, nothing exciting. Everything's healing well, he was very happy with my weight loss and scheduled me for a barium swallow and first fill in three weeks.
Here's the problem: The hubs is traveling that day, and I need him to do the school runs/ child care. Now I have to reschedule it which isn't so easy because it means coordinating the surgeon's schedule with the radiology department's schedule AND with the hubs' travel schedule. Sigh.
In short, a blah kind of day.
Thanks for your blog - I've just discovered it this morning. I am scheduled for surgery on Feb 1 and I have started my Optifast diet (AAAHHHH!!!!).
ReplyDeleteIt's great to read your thoughts as you are a month ahead of me :-)
Annoying!!! Sorry you are sick, honey-- I am sending you healthy vibes.
ReplyDeleteMwah.
I had the stomach bug last week and had very similar symptoms. Keep hydrated!!
ReplyDeleteGlad the surgeon visit was non-eventful. What is the Barium Swallow for?? I didn't have to have that so just curious!
Sorry to hear that you are under the weather! Glad to hear that the Post-Op Follow Up is fine.
ReplyDeleteIf you lived close to me, I would have been happy to help you. Unfortunately, I live in California!! Hope it all gets straightened out soon.
Hope you feel better have you taken Nauseaum that helps alot
ReplyDeleteDid you schedule a fill at the time you need to drop them off? I am in and out with my fill in about 20 minutes and feel normal the rest of the day (if you can be normal on clear liquids!)
http://betterbanded.blogspot.com/
Workinprogress - GOOD LUCK with the Optifast, and keep me up to date on your surgery. There's a great community here of people with lots of experience who've been enormously helpful to me.
ReplyDeleteJen, the surgeon does a barium swallow just before the first fill to make sure the band is in the right place, hasn't slipped, and possibly to help him find the port. Although I can feel my port pretty easily, so I don't think that'll be a problem.
As for the scheduling conflict, because this first fill happens just after the barium swallow, it takes place in the hospital's radiology department, so they gave me the date and time. I wasn't able to pick. I am cobbling together childcare arrangements so I think it'll be OK. Keep your fingers crossed!