I had a vivid, vivid dream last night that I was saying goodbye to an old friend, someone I really cared about and would miss terribly. (I swear I'm not making this up.) I was incredibly sad during the whole dream, trying to stay a little longer. I felt a heavy sadness in my chest.
Jeesh, I wonder what that's all about?
{I was going to link to Susan Boyle's "I Dreamed a Dream" here - so clever! - but couldn't figure out how to do it.}
In other news, I got a Cuisinart hand blender for Christmas. Very handy, easy to clean, even blends ice well. I can recommend it as a good bandster tool. In fact, I'm enjoying a frothy chocolate shake right now.
Just today and tomorrow, then on to surgery. I mentioned last night to the boys that I was going to the hospital Monday so the doctor could fix something in my tummy that would help me be healthier. They couldn't have been less interested, which was a relief. I didn't want to get into great detail with them about it.
In case you're one of the two people who have yet to see the Susan Boyle video, here's the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lp0IWv8QZY
ReplyDeleteWow Kristin: I often call food my 'bad best friend'-- do you think you were saying goodbye to food or a lifestyle in your dream? Quite deep!
ReplyDeleteJust today and tomorrow and we're off to be banded... cannot wait to get it over with.
GOOD LUCK, KRISTIN!!!! And see you on the other side - you are going to do great! Thinking of you. :)
ReplyDeleteHello! I just found your blog and now I'm following you :) Good luck with your big day on Monday!
ReplyDeleteGood Luck on Monday Kristin! Where are you having your surgery done?
ReplyDeleteGood Luck on your Surgery Kristin!
ReplyDeleteHello Kristin!! I just found your blog through Vanessa's (Dinnerland). Congratulations on your upcoming Surgery. I will be following you as well. I am a recent bandster myself, having been banded on Nov 19th, 09.
ReplyDeleteWill be thinking of you on Monday as well!! You will do great!
Debi
Wow, hi everyone! Thanks so much for the good wishes; it's so nice and comforting to hear from all of you and know that the surgery will soon be over. And that I'll be starting this adventure with so many experts who can answer my questions.
ReplyDeleteGood luck to you tomorrow Kristin! We will BOTH do great... think POSITIVE and healthy thoughts as you go to sleep and you will be waking up one step closer to your goal of a healthier you!
ReplyDeleteAll my best, see you on the other side!!
Vanessa