I had some nausea after the surgery, so they added more meds for that in my IV (in addition to what they gave me during surgery) and it helped a bit. I was so scared to throw up, but so far, so good.
When my surgeon came in to wheel me to the OR, I asked how he was feeling and he said, "Ah, pretty shaky but I'm sure I'll be fine in an hour or so." Har har. I had a small hiatal hernia that he fixed, which will help in explaining the surgery to the nursery school moms. ;)
I came home around 1.30 pm and took a two-hour nap, so I'm a little behind on the fluids. My doctor told me 2 oz every hour, which is agonizingly slow when you're so thirsty. I've had mostly ice chips and water, but I had an ounce of IsoPure as well.
My husband is getting some miso soup for me to have for "dinner." He set the table. Guess which place is mine?
Now I need to get up and walk around for a few minutes.
I can't tell you how much all your good wishes mean to me. Thank you thank you thank you!
Question: I'm trying to figure out how to add links to a post. I tried to link to Vanessa's Dinnerland blog, clicked on the "Add Link" and pasted the URL. The HTML code appeared, but nothing showed up in my post. What am I doing wrong?
ReplyDeleteCongrats!!! Welcome to the other side!!! You'll do great!!
ReplyDeleteThis is cut and pasted from what I left on V's blog, but here it is for your ease...
ReplyDeleteGAS-X was the single biggest thing I could do for myself. I was told not to take it, to let the gas come out by itself...I call bullshit. Take some tonight, and you'll feel a million times better.
Also, try a hot pad on your tummy.
Also, try Cloraseptic cough drops for your through pain. Also hot tea was really nice, with lemon and just a drop of honey.
I'm right ahead of you, and the run over by a truck feeling does go away! I promise! Rest up, drink plenty of fluids, and HERE WE GO!!!
YAY, good for you! I've wondered what I'm going to tell the preschool mommies, too. Did you know about the hernia beforehand? Rest up and be well :)
ReplyDelete- Shannon
Congratulations and welcome to band land. Popsicles are a really good idea to help with the dry mouth too, you can get sugar free ones they are great and count as a clear liquid.
ReplyDeleteWelcome to bandland! I had the nausea thing too. But it was gone by time I got home :)
ReplyDeleteHey there lady and welcome to the yellow brick road !!! Just remember to walk, walk and then walk somemore. It is the only thing that helped me. And popsicles, the sugar free ones are the BEST !! Also propel water is great for getting all that water down !!
ReplyDeleteYahoo to you Kristen.. welcome to the bbbb club. I remember sucking on those sugar free fudgsicles like it was my job.. I think the sore throat was the worst part of the whole thing...Drink the water.. the pain meds tend to bind you up (if you know what I mean) and the water gets things going again.. smooth sailing..
ReplyDeleteHey Kristen! Glad you're home safe and we're now recovering.... remind me and I will explain the linking biz but too tired out right now... keep sipping and walking!
ReplyDeleteCongrats! get lots of rest
ReplyDeleteCONGRATS!!!! And welcome to the land of bandits. How exciting. I'm glad everything went well, I was thinking of you.
ReplyDeleteNot sure about the link question. I haven't done one myself. Just keep playing with it.. maybe it will just pop up in there.
So excited for you! Welcome! It is all downhill from here!
ReplyDelete